Passport extension(india) @ Chicago.

Billtoo

Registered Users (C)
We got Biometrics notice for my son ... 6 year old during the first week of Aug.
Today we found out that his passport dates are not valid ... and need an extension at the indian consulate at chicago.

So now one more thing in our list -- Get it extended..

Does any one has the experience at the Indian consulate at chicago..

If I send it by post how many days do they send the passport back .. or do U think I should go over there personally to get it revalidated...

Thanks
Billtoo.

Indian Consulate

The indian embassy at Chicago is VERY efficient. If you mail it, you will get it back in 5 business days. Make sure you follow the instructions on the consulate website on how to mail it.

Hi Billtoo,

There is no need to visit the Chicago consulate. As per their instructions, send all necessary documents with the required fees and you should get the new passport for your son, sooner than you would generally expect. For my family, it took less than 2 weeks.

DIGS
EB3, India

Biimetrics and expired passport.

jigsawpuzzle and DIGS,

Thank you guys for the help...
As always_in_labor suggested .. we will try to go to ASC for my sons Biometrics with this passport .. If they say they cannot do expired passport then we will send the passport to Chicago .. His finger printing is sheduled on Aug 02 ...
Whats Ur thoughts on this ...

Thanks
Billtoo.

Billtoo said:
jigsawpuzzle and DIGS,

Thank you guys for the help...
As always_in_labor suggested .. we will try to go to ASC for my sons Biometrics with this passport .. If they say they cannot do expired passport then we will send the passport to Chicago .. His finger printing is sheduled on Aug 02 ...
Whats Ur thoughts on this ...

Thanks
Billtoo.
Hey Billtoo:
you got lot of time for passport extension. U can send passport to chicago today -overnight. And they will send you back -overnight. Maximum by Friday 7/29/05 you should get it. I had got mine in 8 days ( in between long weekend). Believe me they r real efficient. Orelse go personally and get it done. Best is call chicago people and ask them. They will answer (desi English....)
I am not sure if immigration people will work with expired passport or not.

Billtoo said:
We got Biometrics notice for my son ... 6 year old during the first week of Aug.
Today we found out that his passport dates are not valid ... and need an extension at the indian consulate at chicago.

So now one more thing in our list -- Get it extended..

Does any one has the experience at the Indian consulate at chicago..

If I send it by post how many days do they send the passport back .. or do U think I should go over there personally to get it revalidated...

Thanks
Billtoo.

I renewed my passport in April from the Indian Consulate at Chicago. They were extremely efficient. As tjshah said, there is an overnight service as well, just that you have to pay more. You will be fine sending it by mail. Good luck.