• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Passport error

elaichi

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am a DV2008 winner. My family name in the online entry form is spelt exactly as in my passport. The problem is the spelling of my name in my passport has one phonetically insignificant letter missing, so it differs from all other documents like birth certificate etc. I have already had to travel to the US on this passport on a B2 visa as I didn't have enough time to get it corrected before travelling. I have now got a new passport issued with the correct spelling and only need to collect it. Because of this issue I have not submitted the first NL forms yet, but obviously need to do this soon.

Do I use the incorrect spelling of my family name as it appears on my current passport and as it now appears in the NL and have it corrected in the interview after explaining everything to them, or do I put the correct spelling on the forms where it will differ from the entry form?

Hi all,

I am a DV2008 winner. My family name in the online entry form is spelt exactly as in my passport. The problem is the spelling of my name in my passport has one phonetically insignificant letter missing, so it differs from all other documents like birth certificate etc. I have already had to travel to the US on this passport on a B2 visa as I didn't have enough time to get it corrected before travelling. I have now got a new passport issued with the correct spelling and only need to collect it. Because of this issue I have not submitted the first NL forms yet, but obviously need to do this soon.

Do I use the incorrect spelling of my family name as it appears on my current passport and as it now appears in the NL and have it corrected in the interview after explaining everything to them, or do I put the correct spelling on the forms where it will differ from the entry form?

i really don't get it but you must use the correct spelling of your name.its not brain surgery