Passed interview but asked to come back later for oath

rajeshsonak

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview yesterday. I passed it, everything was looking good, she even stamped "approved" on my file. I was asked to come for oath in the afternoon.

An hour later, i got a call from the interviewing officer. She said that they have 2 files for me on the record, and they need to consolidate them. Hence, I should not go for the oath that afternoon and that they would be sending another notice for oath in a few weeks (???).

I also checked at the officers at the field office and they mentioned it is a common problem.

The surprising thing is mine and my wife's applications were done at the same time right from the beginning. She did not have the smililar problem and had the oath yesterday.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

I had my interview yesterday. I passed it, everything was looking good, she even stamped "approved" on my file. I was asked to come for oath in the afternoon.

An hour later, i got a call from the interviewing officer. She said that they have 2 files for me on the record, and they need to consolidate them. Hence, I should not go for the oath that afternoon and that they would be sending another notice for oath in a few weeks (???).

I also checked at the officers at the field office and they mentioned it is a common problem.

The surprising thing is mine and my wife's applications were done at the same time right from the beginning. She did not have the smililar problem and had the oath yesterday.

Does anyone know what is happening here?

This is Common problem. Basically at some stage in your immigration process someone was not able to get your complete file so they cerated another manila folder for you. Now both have to be merged into 1 file. they have to do it now since after oath your file will basically be archived and god willing never opened again by USCIS. just wait 30 days you will get oath notice

Common problem

Rajeshsonak,

Very common problem these days for USCIS to have dual files. I am sure lot of people would agree to this. I have a friend who had an interview in Atlanta about couple of months back and is still waiting for the oath letter. He had passed his interview and now waiting for the oath letter.

Good thing is, if they don't resolve your case within 120 days, you have an option to file a law suit (Mandamus). That's the only option I can come up with.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

Can be one of many reasons. Typically seems to happen to people who had an F-1 visa, or (allegedly?) those who applied for EAD or AP. Personally I'm not sure about the latter, since I had applied for both AP + EAD (used neither) but didn't have any issues with natz.

Still waiting for oath letter

Posting a follow-up on my status.

Interview date - 10/16/07
result: passed
Problem: Was told that there are 2 files on my name and need to be consolidated.
No Oath letter yet

Please advise what to do. I have scheduled a InfoPass appointment for next week. Will the officer be able to help me anything more than an "automated voice response"?

Same with me..

Dual A# Files. Completed the interview yesterday in Newark. Waiting for the file to come from Texas Svc Center.

What was the outcome of your Infopass?

why are there 2 A files

Hi Pancgcpc,

sorry to hear you could not take oath same day.

Just wondering have you done your Masters here and had EAD? Is that why there are 2 A files?

Thanks

stuck

Pancgpc
looks like we have the same time frame, interview done on 1/22 at Garden City
told that he needs to get my other file ( indicated that it should be a formality)
which is at TSC? had hoped that i would have nothing more to do with TSC( for those who remember late90's , early 00 when it was almost 1-2 yrs behind .
maybe the file is at some central location? which gives some hope
funny thing is that my wife was approved same day few hrs later , her stuff is also at TSC but it did not seem to matter ( probably hers is a derivative case)
but she said that her spouse did the interview today so he made a notation to schedule both of us same time, she was not aware of what happened. She got stuck too.
so much for navigating thru ins since 93, it was sooooo close!

stuck update

looks like I was way too pessimistic, received letter to oath on 2/28
hiccup was not too bad
maybe the odyssey will be over finally

My wife was told that she will be able to take the oath the same day. But after a 2 hr wait, they called her back and said that her file has also not arrived, so she cannot take the oath.

So both of us are stuck rt now. waiting for file arrival and oath.

We have dual A# since we changed to Consular processing after filing 485 during GC processing.

same situation

I also passed the interview and am waiting for my other file. How long will be the wait? I want to travel in June. Any update will be appreciated.
My timeline:
PD 7/23/07
FP 10/5/07
Interview 3/31/08 at Newark

Just wanted to post an update here.
After waiting for 8 months after passing the interview, got the oath letter. Last month, I went for the oath and got the citizenship. Passport got done in a week.

Now doing the OCI stuff.

Thanks everyone for their inputs.

wow - 8 months to consolidate two files. congratulations though.

You are surprised?! This is USCIS remember? I'd say if someone falls into this 'consolidation' situation that they should reach out to the local office at least once every month or so. Because if you don't it will sit on someone's desk for 8 months!