parole visa + trip to canada

sangeetha

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
             I have a problem. my parole visa expired last month. I did\'nt apply for a renewal since I am about to get my green card anytime.(!?).
In the mean time, I have to travel to Canada.
I have renewed my EAD and I have a valid EAD. Is this enough to travel to Canada, orin other words can we go to canada without a parole and just an EAD.

Also, I might have to travel to india in December. My lawyer says that it takes 4 months for a renewal on the parole visa. So, can I go to the local INS office to get a parole, in case if it is an emergency?

Someone, please let me know.

Thanks,
Sangeetha.

No Title

Firstly,

It depends on what kind of Visa you have. If you an H1 or an L visa, you never have to apply for an Advanced parole (AP) as per the October 99 Immigration law changes. On the other hand, if you have a O visa (like me unfortunately), you have to have an unexpired Advanced Parole before exiting US (to any country). If you have already applied for AP on an H1 but has expired, it should translates to the idea that you don\'t have to reapply again because H1 doesn\'t need AP in the first place. My feeling is you don\'t to but your lawyer (and a second opinion) is the best person to check if this would be the case for you. If you have O1 visa and you exit US with expired or no AP, then you will INVALIDATE your status and your I485 application.

Hope this helps somewhat...
Bhanu Kuchibhotla