Parents visa rejected-Need urgent HELP !!!

Varsha_Da_Babe

Registered Users (C)
My parents and brother (18 yrs of age) were rejected their visitor visas yesterday, on 18th March. Someone had suggested that my parents go first but eventually they all went together.

Anyways, the lady asked my parents that they cannot give the visa to my brother but my parents might get. My mom started requesting, and without any further questions she rejected. Also, when she asked my dad about his brothers and sisters, he replied that his brothers and sisters were there (he didn't specify that in India and the lady thought they are in US. Although my dad tried to explain that they r not in US but back home, it was of no use.

What are the options ?? How early can they apply for VISA. This time only my parents will go for VISA. But can they take an appointment tommorrow itself.

Please share your experiences or what you have heard before. I will really really appreciate any help at this moment.

Thanks in advance,
-V

10. How do I re apply after a visa has been refused?

214(b) Refusals

If you have been refused under Section 214(b) you may choose to reapply for another personal interview should your personal circumstances change materially. Please be aware, however, that in the absence of any significant change in your situation, it is unlikely that you will be issued a visa. Please consider this when deciding whether to undertake the expense of traveling to New Delhi, as well as the expense of a second application fee and courier fee. If you do choose to reapply, you may schedule an appointment for a personal interview at www.ttsvisas.com.

Please note that if you have been refused under Section 214(b) and you choose to reapply, you will be required to fill out a new application form. In addition, you will also be required to pay the NIV application fee of Rs. 4600 each time you reapply.

221(g) Refusals:

If your visa was not issued under section 221(g) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act, it means that your application was incomplete or requires further administrative action.

Please follow the instructions that were given to you at the time of your refusal.

If you have been requested to reapply via our drop box facility operated by TT Services/ Drop Box services, you may submit the application at the following locations:

New Delhi: 2E/23, Jhandewalan Extn., New Delhi, 110 055 Tel. 23554631, or 252540016
Chennai: Raheja Towers, S001-Omega Wings, 113-124, Anna Salai, Chennai 600 002, Tel. 044-2860-3164, 044-2860-3165.
Hyderabad: H. No., 5-10-188/2, Summit Building, Hill Fort Road, Hyderabad 500 004, Tel. 040-2323-1615, 040-2323-1715.
Bangalore: No. 102, Raheja Chambers, 1st floor, 12 Museum Road, Bangalore 01, Tel. 080-559-4996.

If you have been requested by a Consular Officer to make an appointment and appear in person at the Embassy, please visit the TT Services website at www.ttsvisas.com to make the appointment.

If the letter you received requests you to appear in person at the Embassy without an appointment, please do not make an appointment. Please appear at the Embassy before 9:00 am on any working day - Monday through Friday.

If you have been requested to wait until the Embassy contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Embassy will contact you once this has been completed.

If your visa was not issued under section 221(g), you may be required to fill out a new application form. Please refer to the instructions that were given to you at the time of your refusal. No new application fee will be required for a period of one year following the initial application.

Varsha_Da_Babe

you have not explained on what basis your parents applied. Did you sponsor them.

Thanks for responses.

I asked if they stamped passport with anything. They said, the only thing in the passport is "Applied for visa on 18th March". I asked if it mentioned anything like 245(XXX). They said no, nothing was mentioned on the stamp.

I beleive the interview itself started at the wrong note, with my brother being 18 yr old and then when they asked my dad about his brothers and sisters, he said they all are there (the lady thought, they are here in US, although my dad tried to explain in further detail, but it was too late by then).

I am sponsoring them. Sent huge pile of documents, sponsor letter, bank statement, job letter, house papers, you name it. they didn't even look at it.

Any suggestions, it would help me a lot !!!

-V

would suggest that parents alone (without your brother..) try again....the can use the documents they already have...

If they are both above 60, they can use the drop box...

Good Luck!!

Varsha,
Its really very common for them to refuse the VISA with no reason.

My mother went 2 times in the span of 15 days and got refused both the time with no reason.

I would suggest you to wait for atleast couple of months and then send your mother first then father and then your brother one by one. So that they all can say that they have liabilities in India, husband lives in India, mother lives in India, wife lives in India... and so on...

But don't count on this at all cos US Embassy is no better then USCIS, and more importantly they just love to refuse the visa cos by doing so they earn $100 per application (Non-Refundable fee) for doing nothing.

And people, Yes, I am frustrated by these people and I have every right to express my emotions here, so please don't flame me for any of my comments.