Parents entering US with round trip ticket valid for 1 year, any issues? Urgent

sb20

Registered Users (C)
My parents will be visiting us and plan to buy a roundtrip ticket from Malaysian airlines. The ticket will initially have a departure date of 6 months. We hope to be able to extend their stay for an additional 6 months after their arrival. As the ticket is valid for an entire year, we can postpone the date of departure for another 6 months. Will the ticket validity for an entire year create any trouble at POE, eventhough the departure date is for 6 months?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Need some feedback soon as they have to book their tickets next week.

My sincere advice is donot extend their stay. I have heard of several cases being rejected becaue the parents extended their stay. It is an indication to consulate/INS that you are potentially trying to immigrate your parents. Regardless of whethere your parents have a 10 year visa or 6 months VISA , if they stay beyond their I-94 approved time, they will have issues the next time around when they go to the consulate for VISAs. Just my opinion. I am not an expert.