Parents' Case Transfered to CSC

imst6

Registered Users (C)
I have petioned my parents for green card. I-130/I-485 concurrent filing. My DO is Los Angeles.

Just got emails today (12 emails as a matter of fact) saying that their I-130/I-485 were transfered to an office in California Service Center.

1). Can anyone explain to me what this means? Does that mean that they will get an interview appointment soon? Or any other implication?

2). What will happen at the INS after case transfered to CSC? The current CSC processing time for I-130 (parent case) shows April 2006. No timeline for parent I-485 cases.

3). Does that mean the name checking is done?

4). My parents have their fingerprints done yesterday. My mom wrote her name in English in the signature part, instead of her chinese signature which she wrote on all the I-130/I-485 applications, would this be a problem? Thanks.

----------
10/2/2006 sent application via USPS express Mail
10/3/2006 Received date
10/6/2006 Notice Date
10/10/2006 All 4 Checks cashed
10/12/2006 INS mailed out FP notice (stamp on envelope from Lee Summit)
10/24/2006 FINGERPRINT done for both parents
10/23/2006 received email notice. I-130/I-485 sent to CSC for both parents

Last edited by a moderator:
I have similar situation for my parent's case. I have received email from USCIS today which reads

"On October 30, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office"

Now in my case, we live in New Jersey and my DO is Newark, NJ. I am not sure why our case is transfered to CSC.

Please someone provide some insight here. Thanks in advance.

In a letter I received it says that ALL I130 petitions are being transferred to either California or Vermont service centers.

Do not worry!

Hi guys,

I was freaking out myself a month ago when I got same e-mail as you. This is a very good thing. Your parent will get a green card without an interview. Mine just got the "Welcome Letter" today and G.C. will be arriving shortly. There are many more cases like this in this forum if you like to confirm what I am saying. Tops in maximum 30-40 more days your parent will be approved.

Good Luck :cool:

calm down everyone....this is a really good sign - that your parents case has been transferred to CSC - laguna Niguel. My parents received their green card within 2 weeks of this transfer notice. THere will be no interview.....my parents had none.

they are transferring cases to CSC because USCIS is trying out this new work load distribution - where they are assigning cases to centers that are not as busy.

anyways - i just got my parents GC - so ....please calm down and just wait another 2 weeks.....u will see the GC in your mailbox and faint !! coz i almost did !!

Thanks...

Thank you all for your replies... My dad is kind of eager to go back to India at this time so he will be very happy if he receive card this early.