Parents B2 visa - Please Help me!!!

helenharbour

Registered Users (C)
My parents will go to apply for B2 visa next week and I am working on their DS156 now. (They got approved last time and only stayed for 5 months last year)

I used to be a H1 till last year and currently I am on I-485 Pending status and will start my MBA study in this September. My husband is currently H1 and I-485 Pending.

On the question of what is my(Their Daughter's) current status in America: Should I just input "I-485 Pending" and will that influence their application in a negative way?

For material, is the I-485 Receipt Notice itself enough? Or should I provide my husband's I-140 Approval Notice as well?

1. Did your parents not get a multiple entry visa last time? Check their passport visa stamp. If there is an "M" on the visa, they have a multiple entry visa, which means they dont need to apply for a visa this time. They can just plan their trip and come on in.

2. In case they dont have multiple entry, writing "I-485 pending" is fine. Preferred though would be your husbands valid H1. Dont even mention 485s. If you do choose to show 485 pending, please send all receipt notices and 140s to them, just in case. VO may not even see any of these as your parents have a good history (went back before their visa expired last time).

Hope this helps