Parents approved, but kid's file missing, any idea?

chinadian

Registered Users (C)
Our approval letters arrived last week, but there has no information on my kid's (2.5 years old) case. No information available through the on-line system either. So I called the 800 number, and the lady over the phone could not locate the 485 case either (she did find my kid's information through the A number, but nothing came up through the 485 receipt number, basically it seemed to her that no such 485 case exists in the system). We do have the I-485 receipt though. Any idea? Is it possible that Nebraska lost my kid's file? What's the best approach to this? Thanks.

485 RD: 3/10/2003
FP: 1/15/2004
485 AD: 11/18/2004

I contacted the local senator in the same situation. They contacted INS and and case has been assigned to file lost dept and the file was found after two months and approved within a week. Good luck

Quick update. Had my passport stamped today. The local office did a check for my kid, and funny enough, the file was not lost. But a RFE was issued a few days ago for my 2.5 year-old kid. What kind of RFE could that be?:) We will just wait for the RFE for now, and the case status is now available on line. Thanks to all!