Parents and Brother

chebyrashka

Registered Users (C)
My wife wants to sponser her parents on an I-130 for GC and have the documents ready. However she has a 17 year old brother who obviously wants to come here with his parents so what can we do? From my understanding children can't accompany their parents when the parents receive a greencard under the Immediate Relative category and her brothers application would take 12 years.. so what can we do?

They are from Ukraine which makes it difficult for them to even receive a tourist visa. However my wifes mom has received a visitor visa twice and were thinking he could accompany her to get a visitor visa before the I-130 processing goes through so he could at least visit his parents here while he waits for processing of his I-130 which through his parents would take around 5-6 years.

Has anyone else been through this? I thought after my wife received her citizenship we would be through with all these immigration headaches but now it feels like it has gotten only worse.

...in the same shues

Hi I am also from Soviet Union. and I am in the same shours as you are. I want to bring my mother as an immidiate relative and she has two daughters 12 and 14 years old. I am thiers sisters.
And for me its the biggest headacke...Please let me know if you found a solution to that situation.
I was thinking about getting them an F-1 visa, but sounds like its complicated....
:confused:

We decided to try this tactic... apply for her mom and dad and when they go to the interview to bring her brother along. If they don't give him a visa, then they will come here and her mom will go back every few months but at the same time do a seperate petition for her brothers.

Honestly I'm not sure what will happen, let me know your thoughts on this.

Spacibo

Originally posted by chebyrashka
This is the most useless immigration board I have ever seen.....

Chebyrashka - I'm asking out of sheer curiosity - do you know of other immigration boards that have proved more useful to you?

Krokodil Gena