parallel GC processing

rakuch

Registered Users (C)
CAn one go for 2 GC processing at the same time.

Here is my situation.
One GC process in the 485 stage. not yet approved and waiting for interview call from local ins office after the case transferred.

For the 2nd GC process I want to add my name along with my spouse before my spouse gets the 485 approved. my spouse applied for 485 and waiting for approval ( RD: 02/01/02).

Is this gonna be ok or is that one cannot have 2 GC ( one employment based and other spouse based)

Please provide inputs asap.
Any inputs will be highly appreciated
thanks,

NO you got crazy

how came the idea to apply for 485 for two times... you might want to be prepared for a big trouble

Parallel processing of I-485.

I have been a silent browser so far but I have to reply to this one.
I have two I-485 cases pending. The first one, I am the primary applicant and the other one, my wife is the primary applicant. Before filing for my wife's 485 I checked with her lawyer and as a precaution I also checked with the national customer service center of INS because I didn't want to get in trouble. The answer is: You can have multiple I-485 cases pending but you can be benefitted only from one. In fact, while filing my wife's case, I disclosed everything that there is a case pending in VSC in our name (attached receipt notice of VSC) and we would like to use whichever gets approved first. I also disclosed the A# which came with my case and TSC gave us the same A# for my wife's case too.

You can also call national service center and re-confirm and let me know what you heard. I do not know if you can be primary beneficiary in multiple cases though.

Anyone, who had any troubles before in this situation, please respond.

huh!

Interesting. I never thought that this could be done..

You learn something new everyday

Beatles2 - why didn't you go for CP for the second one..? especially since the second one was going to Texas (not the fastest center)

Thanx for the useful input. Relieved.
Also please let me know the details of CP and how can one go for it and when should one go for it.

Thanx

RAKUCH

CP is consulate processing where instead of filing I-485 and adjusting status in the US, you actually let INS know that you will be adjusting your status in your home conuntry (at the Embassy there)..

read up on CP on some of the discussion threads here and elsewhere...

The situation is that i may not be able to go for a cp as in both mine and my spouse's cases I485 has already been filed and both are waiting for approval.
So as far as per my knowlede i cannpot go for cp. right???

It's only that my spose will be adding my name before the approval in case of my spouse.

Rakuch

Well, I wanted to with CP to begin with my application but our great company lawyer didn't let me and I am now paying the price of being stressed out in this uncertain economy. Anyways, im my wife's case, she was pregnant and could not have traveled for 3-8 months. So we decided to go with AOS. Basically, we didn't have choice. It wouldn't hv been practical to actually go to home country with her and a baby.

Would you please also call INS customer service and ask for the advice? The agent i talked to was no. 602 and her name was Jessica. I noted that down, if I were to face any problems.

I don't know if this has complicated my case becasue my AVM used to say that FP received on Jan 29th '02 when we did FP for my case and we later had to go again for my wife because it was 3 months after Jan (FP notice mentions if you were fingerprinted in last 3 months then there is no need) in July '02. Now my AVM says the FP received in July becasue both cases have same A#.

We will soon find out if my case gets approved with other Oct. or do I get RFE.

Similar situation

We have a similar situation. Each of us filed a I-485 at Vermont with the other spouse as a secondary beneficiary. However, we have four different A#s. Since Beatles2's two cases have the same A#s, I think they have already been merged as one. We also did our finger printing twice although they were scheduled 1 week from each other. We are not clear on how to reject INS on the other case after one case is approved. The RD on our earliest case is 10/18/2001. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
RD1001

Did you disclose the A# and all the other details of the first case in your second application? THe form has A# column. WHile filing the second one we could not lie because we had already an A# from the first case. So TSC gave us the same number. Obviously if you filed around the same time then you probably didn't receive your A# from the first case. IS that the case?

I don't believe that they will merge the two cases because one is in VSC and the other is in TSC. Whichever comes first, we will take it and then cancel the other one.

You are right

We filed our two cases quite close to each other. Therefore, when filling out the second application, we had not received our A#s from VSC. However, we used our old A#s from OPT. These numbers were the same on both applications. I guess that didn't matter to INS. Anyway, wish you good luck. We plan to cancel one of the cases after approval.