paper was reported by Yahoo news, but name was not mentioned

theyesterday

Hello, there,

Very glad to know there is a forum like this.

I am currently working on my EB1 a petition preparation.

Recently, we had a paper out. I co-first authored this paper. It was reported by Yahoo news, ABC .... However, only PI was interviewed. My name was not mentioned. I wonder if this can be considered the media report.

Thanks a lot for any comments!

Capry

No, unless your name was also mentioned as a researcher even if you were not interviewed. A media report would mention your name so that you could print it and attach it to the application.

Thank you very much for your response. I was away for a conference and just got chance to read your post

I dug more and found that the some other website did mention the paper and my name was listed as one of the authors-- something like this:

-----------
report about the paper and interview with my PI.
... ...
... ...
... ...

More information: article authors including my name, article name, journal information
--------------

Do you think it will be usable?

Many thanks again for your help and anyone's help!!

Yes, you can, though, there are so many websites these days that they do not have as much value. Yahoo, on the other hand, is like a conventional newspaper, so has more respect. In any case, what is more important is the publication of the paper by a journal and you should be okay.