Packet-3 Review- Police Certificate

v_dharini

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Looking at the cptracker.com it seems the packet-3 review can take between 1 week to about 12 weeks plus. Though my case has not reached that stage yet, out of curiosity I would like to find out what exactly do the folks at NVC do that it takes so long in some cases. Is it genuine over-load at NVC or possibly the applicants documentation is not in order ? Any idea ? Do they communicate if something is incomplete ??

I also wanted to know do they check the validity of PCC's ? For example my PCC is slightly older than 6 mos and my interview date could be at least 2-3 months away- Do the folks at NVC issue something like an RFE in case the documentation is incomplete or validity is out??

And one last question: How do we check if the fee paid is en-cashed by St. Louis and intimated NVC - Is it through the same NVC automated phone # ?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Is it genuine over-load at NVC or possibly the applicants documentation is not in order ? Any idea ? Do they communicate if something is incomplete ??
Answer: It is a combination of load and incomplete documentation. I spoke to a NVC rep who mentioned it generally takes about 3 +/- 1 week. In most cases even under 2 weeks as we have been saying off late. If there is incomplete documentation or something, they contact the attorney on the case via regular mail. Also you can call them with your case number and htey will let you know what the status is on your case.

I also wanted to know do they check the validity of PCC's ? For example my PCC is slightly older than 6 mos and my interview date could be at least 2-3 months away- Do the folks at NVC issue something like an RFE in case the documentation is incomplete or validity is out??
Answer: If you are a Indian citizen and going for CP to india, then you dont need to mail PCC copy to NVC along with Packet3. PCC is required only at time of interview and it should not have been issued more than 6 months prior to interview date. Although I have read on the forum that if you miss the 6 month mark by a week or two they do not hassle. So in short NVC will not issue RFE since they do not see your PCC. Only if you are going through Montreal for CP, then you need to mail PCC copy along with PAcket3 and then NVC may come back with an RFE with PCC is not valid.

And one last question: How do we check if the fee paid is en-cashed by St. Louis and intimated NVC - Is it through the same NVC automated phone # ?
Answer: By calling NVC automated number to see if they have generated PAcket 3 or best option is to call the bank from where you issued the money order to see if it has been cashed.