Packet 3 related question

JawadAlam

Registered Users (C)
Hi CP Gurus,

Last week I have recieved my Packet 3 for myself and my wife. I had already paid my VIsA bill in Dec 2003, and was waiting for my wife's Visa Bill. Thankfully I have also recieved the bill last week.

I have a couple of questions :

1. When I send out the Packet 3, that is essentially DS 230 (Part A), do I need to attach any other documentation along with it. (Just to cross check if I have missed out anything)

2. Is it now a good time to collect our PCC's and carry out medical tests ? Related to this ... I am living in Chennai right now for the past 1 year. My permanent address is from Pune and my passport was issued in Mumbai .. So... do I need to collect the PCC from Pune Local Police Station and Mumbai Passport Office ?? (Pune did not have a passport office then but now has one)

3. If I am sending out the packet this week, how much time can I anticipate to get a interview ?.. My Case number bears BMB (mumbai)

Appreciate your thoughts !

:rolleyes:

JawadAlam said:
Hi CP Gurus,

Last week I have recieved my Packet 3 for myself and my wife. I had already paid my VIsA bill in Dec 2003, and was waiting for my wife's Visa Bill. Thankfully I have also recieved the bill last week.

I have a couple of questions :

1. When I send out the Packet 3, that is essentially DS 230 (Part A), do I need to attach any other documentation along with it. (Just to cross check if I have missed out anything)

{For most of the cases Packet 3 means just the DS 230 Part I. If anything
else was needed NVC would have stated it in the letter. On your own
you don't need to attach anything else}

2. Is it now a good time to collect our PCC's and carry out medical tests ? Related to this ... I am living in Chennai right now for the past 1 year. My permanent address is from Pune and my passport was issued in Mumbai .. So... do I need to collect the PCC from Pune Local Police Station and Mumbai Passport Office ?? (Pune did not have a passport office then but now has one)

{Once you send out packet 3 it takes roughly 3 weeks for them to
review and then about 2 weeks for the case to be sent to the consulate.
So, you should anyway get your interview in about 3 to 4 months.
You can apply for your PCC (s) now.}

3. If I am sending out the packet this week, how much time can I anticipate to get a interview ?.. My Case number bears BMB (mumbai)

{1 1/2 months for completion of review, and about 2 months for the
consulate to set up interview. Totally 3 to 4 months}

Appreciate your thoughts !

:rolleyes:

{my responses}

Raju

Hi,
In the Packet3 DS230-part2 do i need to apply for new SSN.my wife doesn't have SSN,but i have.what about my daughter?did she also get SSN?

Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
Hi,
In the Packet3 DS230-part2 do i need to apply for new SSN.my wife doesn't have SSN,but i have.what about my daughter?did she also get SSN?

Thanks
VJ
No harm is requesting. But from what I have read it is unlikely to happen.

Just go to your nearest SSA office upon arrival and get it.

VJ2002 said:
Hi,

Thanks
VJ

You would need to say yes to the SSN related questions in DS 230.

While you would assume, you will get your new card automatically, it is
not true in all cases. Several people have got the cards without going to
the SS office again. But some (including myself) have to go to the SS Office
and apply before we got the cards.

Even children get an SS number and card.

Raju

Raju595 said:
You would need to say yes to the SSN related questions in DS 230.

While you would assume, you will get your new card automatically, it is
not true in all cases. Several people have got the cards without going to
the SS office again. But some (including myself) have to go to the SS Office
and apply before we got the cards.

Even children get an SS number and card.

Raju

Thanks to all
VJ