Packet 3 - Form 230 I related questions

willwin

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Per NVC automated message, Packet 3 has been generated on July 2nd but I am yet receive it.

Can someone tell me how long it would take to arrive since Forms generation?

Today I called up NVC and the operator said the forms were generated on Jul 2nd but might have got despatched any day during that week - on or before July 6th.

Any case, I should have got it by now.

Is this delay usual?

Thanks in advance

willwin
EB3 PD 03/23/2005

I experienced the same delay

Hi Willwin,

I also experienced the similar delay. Check my earlier posts..My packet was sent on June 11, my attorney received on 1st week of July. I guess, this is usual delay. Even, I was panic, but I will suggest to give 1 more week.

Good luck.

Received Packet 3 today

Hi Willwin,

I also experienced the similar delay. Check my earlier posts..My packet was sent on June 11, my attorney received on 1st week of July. I guess, this is usual delay. Even, I was panic, but I will suggest to give 1 more week.

Good luck.

Guys,

My Company has received my Packet 3 today and it was generated on July 1st ( Sunday!! NVC working hard huh?) and sent only on July 16th and they recd. it today. I will be getting it tomorrow.

Tude,

Can you or someone tell me what are the forms/certifcates that need to be sent along with Form230? I can get ready with those.

How long to review Packet 3?

Guys,

My Company has received my Packet 3 today and it was generated on July 1st ( Sunday!! NVC working hard huh?) and sent only on July 16th and they recd. it today. I will be getting it tomorrow.

Tude,

Can you or someone tell me what are the forms/certifcates that need to be sent along with Form230? I can get ready with those.

Guys,

I have sent back Packet 3 to NVC and they have received it yesterday. Any idea how long they would take to review that and forward to Consulate? There is no recent update in CPtracker.com.

Thanks for your time guys!

Packet 3

Guys,

I have sent back Packet 3 to NVC and they have received it yesterday. Any idea how long they would take to review that and forward to Consulate? There is no recent update in CPtracker.com.

Thanks for your time guys!

Willwin,

I hope my reply is not that late..I have sent DS 230 I, I 864 for my wife and copies of birth certificate, pay slips for last 2 months, passport pages, W2 forms (my attorney asked me to send those).

I guess, only DS 230I along with passport copies are important. I sent the packet last week which was received by NVC on july 18. When I check automatic message, it says, NVC received the information on July 23 (don't know what they did with the packet for 1 week) and will take 6-8 weeks to review and fwd it to consulate.

but, next thing depends on oct bulletin..

Good luck

Thanks Tude!

Willwin,

I hope my reply is not that late..I have sent DS 230 I, I 864 for my wife and copies of birth certificate, pay slips for last 2 months, passport pages, W2 forms (my attorney asked me to send those).

I guess, only DS 230I along with passport copies are important. I sent the packet last week which was received by NVC on july 18. When I check automatic message, it says, NVC received the information on July 23 (don't know what they did with the packet for 1 week) and will take 6-8 weeks to review and fwd it to consulate.

Good luck

Tude,

Thanks for your reply and time! That gives me an idea. In fact, I checked with NVC atleast 3 times (to make sure I get the same info everytime!) and I was asked to send just Form 230 I, the covering letter (with barcode) and biographic page of Passports that has name, place and date of birth of applicant.

It would be great if they allocate VISA numbers now as July PD is current.. BTW, my case goes to Chennai, India.

My case also goes to Chennai. PD Sep 2005. Hoping that will be able to get a visa interview in the coming fiscal year.

Good luck WillWin.

Hi Chaks7

My case also goes to Chennai. PD Sep 2005. Hoping that will be able to get a visa interview in the coming fiscal year.

Good luck WillWin.

Cool! My PD is March 2005 and EB3. Has your file reached Chennai? when did you send you Form 230I?

Final step

Tude,

Thanks for your reply and time! That gives me an idea. In fact, I checked with NVC atleast 3 times (to make sure I get the same info everytime!) and I was asked to send just Form 230 I, the covering letter (with barcode) and biographic page of Passports that has name, place and date of birth of applicant.

It would be great if they allocate VISA numbers now as July PD is current.. BTW, my case goes to Chennai, India.

My consulate is Mumbai..As per my attorney, at the time of interview, date should be current..My PD is july 2004..so keeping fingers crossed..

Thanks

No. I am yet to submit packet 3(DS-230I) forms to NVC. My lawyer's office received them last Friday and I submitted to my lawyer today. They will mail it may be tomorrow or day after. And I think it takes another 6-8 weeks for NVC to review them and send it to Chennai. Also I need to add my wife; got married after I applied I-140 and this may delay it by another 6 weeks. So it will be a lil wait before things start moving.

PD: Sep 2005
EB2.

NVC received Packet 3

Willwin,

Good luck

NVC has updated their VM for my case. Now it says, document received on July 25th (though physically received on July 23rd) and allow 6-8 weeks for review.

Form 230I review completed in 2 weeks

NVC recored message now reads "Your case was completed on 08/06 and wait for 8 weeks for further instructions"

They took exactly 2 weeks to complete the review of Forms 230I.
Further instructions? May be to send to Consulate (chennai).

Thought will pass on this message so guys in the queue have an estimate of processing time for Forms 230I.

Though Muthry.com is a credible law firm; I am skeptical on visa bulletin stuff. there are several websites that posted this information already. Hopefully things will move even for CP; even if it takes some time. I guess for murhty.com; it is to encourage people to file 485 which has more legal work than 485. Afterall they need to make their money. I am not suggesting its a conspiracy either; just that most lawyers suggest/advise/prefer 485. more money in their pocket.

lets see how things shape up from Oct 07.

Whats time needed after DS230 Part1

Hey Guys: I am pretty new to all of this.
I am trying to understand what next after filing DS 230 Part 1.

Summary:
PD is May 2002 June
Applied for 230 Part 1 on July 27,2007

How much does it take to get to the next paper work..is it Packet 3.

Anyways advance thanks for all those who reply.

the next step is nvc passes your file to the consulate if everything looks ok and lets you know(typically takes 1-2 months). the consulate schedules the interview and you have to take all the documents described in pkt 4(which will be sent to you by the consulate at hte time of scheduling the interview)+pkt 3 and appear for the interview. if you clearl the interview the IV visa is issued. the interview scheduling depends on your priority date, eb category, nationality etc.

Hello Buddy, How can we check whether NVC received my DS 230 part 1. We are not residing in USA. Any website or related link .where to check about case# Appreciate if u would reply in few line

Hello Buddy, How can we check whether NVC received my DS 230 part 1. We are not residing in USA. Any website or related link .where to check about case# Appreciate if u would reply in few line

I dont think if there is any website to track this.

Call USA number 603-334-0700 and you will get your status via automated voice message.

You need your NVC case number.

Hi Guys,

We sent out packet 3 to NVC last month. Today the NVC message says that my "case was completed on August 7th". What does this mean? Will they send it to the consulate now or do we have to wait till the visa numbers are currrent?

Another question I have is, since the AOS guys are being treated as if the visa bulletin is current till the 17th of August, shouldn't the CP guys be treated the same way?

Cheers!