Pace of I-485 approvals

Marc Lavoie

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

It is now July/2002 and NSC is approving July/2002 RD's.

Is it correct to think that they will keep the same pace and approve Aug/2001 RD's in Aug/2002, Sept/2001 RD's in Sept/2002, and so on... ?

Thanks,

Marc

ok..here's my take

Firstly,I dont think INS approves based on RD..as that's the date the INS mailroom receives ur application.For INS,LIN# (or whatever) ,and ND (when the case is entered in the system) is impt.
So,it's the end of July 2002,and we have started seeing people with Aug 2001 ND being approved.
It took them 1 and 3/4 month to approve June 2001 - and hence I think ,all going well,July 2001 applicants - will be completed by mid Sep 2002.
Then Aug will be completed by mid OCt,and so on.
THat's my take looking at the trend in rupnet.com
cheers and good luck

processing the JUNE cases

I think so many other factors effected the june cases. while approving the june cases they had approved the old cases which were filed before the mar' 2001. in the comparision to other service centers nebrasaka had issued lot of RFE'S. now if you observe the july approvals, RFE's went down drastically. if they work in the same pace we should expect the october filed cases approval in the month of october itself. number of filers too reduced after july. i hope nebraska will catup to other service centers.

Hello Everybody,
I think there is no order in which INS approves the cases. Its is neither by LIN# or by ND or RD. They randomly approve in the visicinity of the month they are processing. As I have observed, my ND is in 3rd week of June 2001 RD in last week of July 2001 and friends is in the 1st week of July 2001 and RD 1st week of September 2001. His case got approved. I am still waiting and its is 410 days since I filed my I-485.

We have to keep waiting. Hopefully one day we'll get our approval.

Best of Luck.

Jags.
:mad:

Re: ok..here's my take

Originally posted by Jack Hannah
Firstly,I dont think INS approves based on RD..as that's the date the INS mailroom receives ur application.For INS,LIN# (or whatever) ,and ND (when the case is entered in the system) is impt.
So,it's the end of July 2002,and we have started seeing people with Aug 2001 ND being approved.
It took them 1 and 3/4 month to approve June 2001 - and hence I think ,all going well,July 2001 applicants - will be completed by mid Sep 2002.
Then Aug will be completed by mid OCt,and so on.
THat's my take looking at the trend in rupnet.com
cheers and good luck

There's no telling...

....what criteria NSC uses to adjucate cases. There are cases of early June 2001 (without RFE) that are still pending. My LIN number is well above those of many who have been approved with a June 01 RD and i am still waiting. While NSC is now approving July 01 RD my RD (06-01) still remains pending. And I consider my case straight forward - no changes whatsoever since the original priority date ('98).
So to answer the original question: Keep your fingers crossed, you may be one of the lucky ones (like the guy with the RD of January 2002) who gets approved way ahead of time, or like some unfortunate others whose patience is put to the test : )
Good Luck!!

Be hopeful but don't count on the date

RD 2/01 ND 3/01 EB3

Every now and then, we see posts that try to predict how NSC work approve cases. I have seen it several over the last 2-3 years. Remember, those before you have done this to no avail and those after you will continue to do so. Bottom line is, if your case in the vicinity of the NSC approval dates, be hopeful. But, just remember that NSC really do not follow any real pattern. There are cases that are stucked in the queue, way pass the normal processing time and in the same token, there are cases that are approved ahead of their time...

my advice is be hopeful but don't pay too much attention to the dates. Otherwise, it will drive you nuts...good luck to us all.

Inimacam :rolleyes:

just talked to IIO

She said they are processing ND of May and Mine is ND of July 24 ( RD 6/5; LIN 226) and it is not assigned to an officer. It may take 60 more days.