P-3 review

ajnahitokal

Registered Users (C)
How did contact NVC for f/u of your case? my 824 approval was sent to NVC 9/15. What number(s) to call?someone in this forum suggested to send a fee bill of 335$ per applicant as Money order to the lawyer to save time. Do we need any case number etc before we can do that. Also, I am the applicant, my wife is dependent(H4 now working on H1). Do I nee 2 money orders for a fee of 335$ each. My lawyer wants me to wait until NVC sends me P-3. please advise. Thank you.
Ajnahitokal.

How did contact NVC for f/u of your case? my 824 approval was sent to NVC 9/15. What number(s) to call?
Answer: NVC @ 603-334-0700. You will need your case number for I-140/ I-824. It takes upto 4 weeks to create a case number at NVC after I-140/ I-824 approval.

Someone in this forum suggested to send a fee bill of 335$ per applicant as Money order to the lawyer to save time. Do we need any case number etc before we can do that.
Answer: You need to wait until NVC issues the fee bill. It takes upto 4 weeks to issue the fee bill after the case is created.

Also, I am the applicant, my wife is dependent(H4 now working on H1). Do I nee 2 money orders for a fee of 335$ each. My lawyer wants me to wait until NVC sends me P-3.
Answer: You can send the payment to St Louis only after you/ your attorney receive the fee bill. The fee is $335 per person. So if you are two on your GC application then $335x2 = $670 in total. But make sure you issue 2 seperate money orders/ cashier checks of $335 each since it will avoid confusion in future. About 4 weeks after you have made the payment you can expect to receive P3 from NVC. In the mean time you can download ds 230 part i and i-134 from the web sites and fill it out and send to you attorneys for initial review. This will save you some time.

Thank you. Case number now created but starts with MTL... sounds like Montreal, Canada. May have to change. Fee bill was mailed sept 29th but still dont have it yet!
Thank you for your help.
Ajnahitokal

If you think your consulate should not be MTL for montreal then you can type out a letter explaining why and include photcopies of your passport with visa which is a proof that the consulate should be something other than MTL.

Consulate for CP is generally the place of your last residence/ where you passport was issued/ where your last visa was issued from.

As far as fee bill...it takes atleast 2 weeks to receive it after it is generated. In some cases it takes about 3 weeks..so hang in there till about 17th-20th october to receive your fee bill!

NVC fee bill

kd

Thank you for your prior reply. I got my fee bill but none was sent for my wife. When I called, NVC said that there was no mention of my wife on the appl. . I told this to my lawyer who said they will write to NVC. Do you think this will significantly prolong my case. Anything I can do? please advise. Thank you.