Out of Status - Please Help

VoodooDoc

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I was out of status for more than 180 days as a student six years ago. I have maintained continuous status once reinstated. Now I am applying for I485 and realize that I\'ll need to submit I-485 Supplement A too.

What are the supporting documents that I need ? Please note that I do have proof of physical presence on 12/21/2000 (rental car receipt) here in America. What else do I need and is there anything I need to watch out for ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

No Title

Have you exit US after your violation? If you have valid reentry after that date you should be OK. If not you pay $1000.

No Title

Thanks for your reply vaoct99.

I did exit the US and went back to Calcutta - which is my original Student Visa issuing post - and got my H1-B visa stamped there. They checked my application and gave me the visa without any problems. So yes, I do have valid reentry after my violation.

However, from what I\'ve read about the I-485 application (I might be wrong about this), it appears that one needs to submit the 485 Supplement A if he/she has been out of status for more than 180 ANYTIME during their stay. So that is what has me concerned.

In any event, I really appreciate your reply. Thanks and I\'ll look forward to receiving any other updates, suggestions or helpful tips that you might have.

regards,

Voodoo Doc