Opinion about changing fingerprinting date for N-400

ahacali

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just received fingerprinting notice for N-400, which is about a month in the future. Unfortunately, the date falls right in the middle of my overseas trip to see my wife. I have two questions:

1. How bad is it to ask for change of fingerprinting date, I mean how will it affect my N-400 processing (dates)? OR is it advisable to change my flight? Can someone please share their experience.

2. The "change of date" form says I can ask for alternate fingerprinting date. Can I tell them that I don't want a date from so and so date? or only for an alternate date, and hope that it does not fall within my travel date?

Thank you,
Aha.

I agree with Stallion. Try dropping into the ASC early, and at at time when they're likely not going to be too busy. Explain your situation and they just might do this for you on the spot without the worries of re-scheduling.

Does the Automated Message change after FP Notice is Sent?

Doesthe USCIS automated message change after the FP notice sent?
Please let me know. Thanks

CanTex said:
I agree with Stallion. Try dropping into the ASC early, and at at time when they're likely not going to be too busy. Explain your situation and they just might do this for you on the spot without the worries of re-scheduling.

simidude said:
Doesthe USCIS automated message change after the FP notice sent?
Please let me know. Thanks

simidude, may be you do not need to cross-post same question in different thread ? were you able to find your answer from search?

Sorry OCWorker. I am new to this and learning the ropes.
Thanks for the input
ocworker said:
simidude, may be you do not need to cross-post same question in different thread ? were you able to find your answer from search?