Opened the visa packet by mistake

PrasadKodali

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had an appointment in february at the chennai consulate. My case was approved. My wifes interview was scheduled for this month and her visa was also apporved.

We recieved her visa yesterday. The big envolop which reads that it can only be opened by an immigration officer was in the package. I just realised that this was not present in my packet. I later came to know that the day my parents recieved the packet, my dad tore open that envolop without reading the notice. I was totally not aware of it till today. I am scheduled to travel on the 15th. and now I am shit scared. Since it is the weekend I cannot even call the consulate now. I was wondering (and hoping) if this happend to anyone. Please give me yuor openions and cheer me up :).

Regards,

Curious2

wild suggestions

Ring the consulate and ask them
Get an affidavit by your dad testifying that he opened it by mistake. I am sure the consulate will be able to suggest something. Worst case, you may need to delay your departure by a day or two.
Good luck and drop a line how you went for the benefit of others who may face fall into a similar situation.

need help regarding PCC

Hey brb I am Canadian Citizen and currently hold only a Canadian passport(I grow up in Inida). I have applied for PCC in New york consulate. Now they are saying that they need my original Canadian passport to stamp and they are not going to issue a paper copy. Can they really stamp in my Canadian passport and is that legal? Any help from the gurus will be greatly appreciated.

2 cents!!!

PCC is a certificate given to you and also they will stamp in the passport about the PCC details. So you need to send original passports to the consulate. The interesting question is they will do it for Indian passports and I do not know the statute for Canadian passports.

I got Indian PCC without stamp

Hi PatelIM
I have an aussie passport and when I applied for an Indian PCC at Chicago, I was told they do not stamp foreign passports and asked me not to send my passport. They just mailed my PCC. A lot of countries do not allow any comments others than visa\'s etc on their passport. The Indian passports on the other hand have long been used as a register of foreign currency issued etc. I don\'t know if it is still the case.
On the other hand sending in your Canadian passport will only involve some time and change. Why not just send your passport if you can.
My 2c worth.

Don\'t leave from india without getting in touch with consulate.

I would rather delay my departure and wait to talk to the consulate than to come here and have trouble at the POE.
I\'m sure this has happened before to someone or ther other and they will have some way to handle it.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.