Online status question?

johnathan

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody!!!
I checked my status on CIS website yesterday ( Friday, 12/2/05) and I saw that it was updated on 12/2/05 (last update before that was on 10/15/05). Then I clicked on receipt # of my case and it said that it can not be found at that time. I checked the status once again today and I saw another update 12/3/05 (update on Saturday?????!???!) but my case status still can not be found when I click on it.
I did my FP on 11/25/05 and results were sent to CIS same day according to the official I spoke to.
PLEASE can you tell me what is going on?
I sincerely appreciate you time and effort!!!
Good luck and thank You!!!

Thanx for your answers guys!!!!!
I think it is a bit odd that status changed yesterday (and case disappeared) and it changed again today (12/03/05), do IO work on Saturdays as well?!?!
My DO is Baltimore, could that be the reason why they "already scheduled" me for interview (if they did) since Baltimore has reputation of being consistantly "fast" on processing N-400s???
Is that possible at all to be scheduled for interview just a week past FP????
BTW JoeF, what is your DO?
And one last thing please, is the IL being mailed from SC or DO, in my case from St.Albans (VSC) or Baltimore????
Thanks again!!!!!!

johnathan said:
Thanx for your answers guys!!!!!
I think it is a bit odd that status changed yesterday (and case disappeared) and it changed again today (12/03/05), do IO work on Saturdays as well?!?!
My DO is Baltimore, could that be the reason why they "already scheduled" me for interview (if they did) since Baltimore has reputation of being consistantly "fast" on processing N-400s???
Is that possible at all to be scheduled for interview just a week past FP????
BTW JoeF, what is your DO?
And one last thing please, is the IL being mailed from SC or DO, in my case from St.Albans (VSC) or Baltimore????
Thanks again!!!!!!
Jonathan,
RUN to your mailbox because the VSC has mailed your interview letter either on the 2nd or the 3rd (today) of this month. Your letter would be mailed from the service center, however, the Oath letter, which is your case would be conducted at the same day as your interview, is being sent by the DO.

Congratulations! You probably become a citizen before the 2006 or early January 2006.

sOnY

Thank you Habibtizena, JoeF and Sony55 for taking your time to answer!!
It is deeply appreciated. It is great to know that there are people out there ready to help with questions.
Thank you for this and previous help !!!
Johnathan

nothing changed in my online status

Nothing Changed in my online status. I got FP'ed on 11/29/05

Same Old Case Status :

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status:

Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on October 21, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 330 and 360 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:)

Hi helper00!!!!!
Well I think now it may depend on your DO. What is yours actually?
I researched the web because I just could not imagine that CIS scheduled me for interview only a week after my FP (in case they did) and I also asked the gurus on this forum to hear their valuable opinion and according to them and people's experiences online status disappearance is 99% sign of receiving IL soon after).
Now this is what I concluded browsing different sites (inlc. official memos, manuals, etc.) :
Once they receive your FP, they enter data into NACS (some sort of "scheduling software" ) and also they enter the number of adjudicators available for any given date (based of course on particular DO) and how many interviews each adjudicator could handle.
So I guess if your DO has enough staff available they are being able to schedule you very shortly after FP. And my DO Baltimore seems to be pretty fast with N-400 adjudication but again, this is only my personal guess.
I'll keep you guys updated when/if receive my IL.
Again thank you.

jonathan,

what is your timeline? i also have Baltimore as my DO. please keep us posted with what happens next on your application. thanks!