Online Status Check?

twix&snikker

Registered Users (C)
Hi room,
This is a silly question, but I have gone to the BCIS website, and tried checking for my Online status, and it says to enter a 13 digit number. Well, my "A" number inculding the "A" does not even reach 13, so am I using the right number or not? Where is the number located, and does it start with A or FPS? Please excuse my simplicity...

Well, the number you're talking about is a LIN number and it comes with the receipt that BCIS sends you when they receive your applications. you should be getting it soon. However, it is possible to check your status without it with a little persistance. I've done it, because I was waiting for a receipt (not for asylum, but for something else, but it doesn't matter, receipt is a receipt) for over 3 months, so I called Nebraska (true, it took me 2 days to go through the busy signal, but hey, that was the only way, so keep on calling every 5 minutes) and they can look it up either by your social security number (which you probably don't have yet), or your A#. So if you have a lot of time, just keep on calling Nebraska service center and they'll tell you, or just wait for the receipt.

Hope this helps
Anna

You cannot check the status of your asylum application status online.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is weird, I have been for the fingerprints, and I have had the INS interview, but on all documentation I do not see a LIN number anywhere. I only have an A number and a FPS number. Nothing I can see relates to a LIN number...any suggestions?

Thank you, God Bless

You will NOT have a LIN number at this stage of the process. Nor can you use the online feature to check on the status of the I-589.

Thank you for your help, I guess my only hope is to sit and waite for a reply for the INS Office. This is not an easy process...

Thank you