OnLine Extension of EAD and AP

Nadi

Registered Users (C)
I did a OnLine extension of EAD and AP. ( Self and Spouse)
Got the PDF.

I wanted to double check all the documents that I need to send.

1> Previous EAD approval cover sheet.
2> EAD Card Photocopy
3> 485
4> Passport Color copies

Questions:
1> Please do add/remove documents if I have missed.
2> Do I have to send AP and EAD in sperate envolopes.

Thanks for help
Nadi

Since you efiled , you need to call the customer service and schedule appointment for FP and digital photo for EAD. And you do not required to send supporting documents for EAD.
For AP you need to send color copies of photo id ( Passport or Driver Licence) and two passport photos. If you like you can send your 485 receipt or whatever they have mentioned in this forum, but not required. But do not forget to include efile receipt.

I got my efiled EAD approved within a month and they did not ask any supporting documents. Ap I did not send supporting documents and photos. Last week I received RFE to send Photo id and Passport photos.

July140,
Thank you for the quick reply.

For EAD : Send Nothing.
For AP : Photo (2), passport/DL PhotoCopies and efile receipt.

Thats cool.

Good luck with Ur 140 and 485 ... lets hope U will hear a good news soon.

Nadi.

Last edited by a moderator:
July140

July140,

Sad to see the last line in the signature.
3-years@Nebraska finally caught you ... Man this NSC is crazy about 3 years degree ... Have you replied for the RFE .. I remember that you have good experience and can get a good combination of degree and experience thing for the RFE...

Is it too hot down there in south... MI is pleasant though.

Good luck with the RFE..

Billtoo.

Did they ask you for Color copy of ID's??

july140 said:
Since you efiled , you need to call the customer service and schedule appointment for FP and digital photo for EAD. And you do not required to send supporting documents for EAD.
For AP you need to send color copies of photo id ( Passport or Driver Licence) and two passport photos. If you like you can send your 485 receipt or whatever they have mentioned in this forum, but not required. But do not forget to include efile receipt.

I got my efiled EAD approved within a month and they did not ask any supporting documents. Ap I did not send supporting documents and photos. Last week I received RFE to send Photo id and Passport photos.

July140,

Did RFE specifically ask you to submit the color copies of ID (Passport/Driver's ID). I had recently submit the EAD and AP and when I went to Kinko's to get the color copies, they said it's illegal to make color photo copy of any Govt issued ID's. He also showed me Govt. written document stating the same.
You may be lucky that you got EAD witout any supporting docs. but as far as I know they many ask for following documents:

1. Confirmation receipt
2. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice
3. Copy of I-140 approval notice (If any)
4. Copy of I-94 and latest H1B approval notice
5. Copy of EAD and previous EAD mailer
6. Copy of Driver’s license
7. Copy of Passport’s biographic page
8. Copy of birth certificate

GC_SE_HAI_SHAAN said:
July140,

Did RFE specifically ask you to submit the color copies of ID (Passport/Driver's ID). I had recently submit the EAD and AP and when I went to Kinko's to get the color copies, they said it's illegal to make color photo copy of any Govt issued ID's.

If you do not send color copies ... you will get RFE. At Kinko's you should do the copies yourself ... like do NOT tell the supervisor out there ... or ask him to do the copies.

I think July 140 is right about supporting documents .. there is no where in the website that mentions ... the documents to be sent for eFiled EAD application.

Good luck.

Nadi said:
If you do not send color copies ... you will get RFE. At Kinko's you should do the copies yourself ... like do NOT tell the supervisor out there ... or ask him to do the copies.

I think July 140 is right about supporting documents .. there is no where in the website that mentions ... the documents to be sent for eFiled EAD application.

Good luck.

Yes ~ Nadi,

I asked the worker as well as super wiser to make the color copies, but both stated the same. I am NOT sure if making a color copy of Govt. issued ID's is illegal then how USCIS can ask for some thing which is not legal?? :confused: :confused:

Billtoo,

Yes man its too hot over here. Its very sad that my 140 is still pending. I had received NOID and RFE to prove that how did I finish my degree in 2 1/2 yrs(NSC genius calculated the duration based on my transcripts, he did not even know the basic that 1st sem exam date is not a start date of degree).

Also he wanted 1). a single source degree to prove that is equal to US degree and strictly no combination of degrees.
2.) Detail Evaluation and details about the Evaluator.

So We replied on June 24th with two different Evaluations. LUD changed until 28th of june and no updates yet.

The RFE goes,
Please provide a clear enlarged color copy or black white. If black and white is not a clear then send color copy.

color photo copies of passports or any ID is illegal only if it is reproduced in its original dimension, as the RFE suggests, take an enlarged copy (A4 size). I've done this several times at Kinkos.