Online case status issues

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
I received my interview letter about 2 weeks back for interview in April. However - my case status has not disappeared from the website at all. It still says Case received and pending. I have read a lot of posts over here that around the time that you receive your interview letter - the case status will disappear. Also, my case status online has always remained the same since the time I got the 1st notice of action.
Can somebody with experience please respond why the discrepancy?

Thanks

Don't sweat. Online case status is not very accurate and does not reflect the application status at all times. It works for some applicants randomly.

If you have received your IV letter stop worrying about the online status and start preparing for the IV. :)

the online status is a bunch of boloney. you may get a better or even accurate response abt your status if you ask a 3 year old or just toss a coin up in the air. dont sweat it :D

Don't sweat. Online case status is not very accurate and does not reflect the application status at all times. It works for some applicants randomly.

If you have received your IV letter stop worrying about the online status and start preparing for the IV. :)

Passport Dates: You mean March Right ? Not Jan.

My case also did not disappear

I am not going to give it much thought and my case also has not disappeared from USCIS website, it still says case received and pending. I remember during my I-485 processing that the phone status was much more detailed and accurate such as FP sent, FP result received, maybe even EAD sent etc.

They may be using using different systems for green cards and N-400..who knows!!

If this gives you all some comfort, I applied on 31 October 2006 to the Texas Service Center. Around 11 November it was reported that they will process the application. I received the biometrics within a few days, the interview letter after another fiften days and the interview, oath and naturalization ceremenony was on 3 January 2007 in Atlanta.
Guess what? No updates at all nor has anything disappeared! I just checked--no change whatsoever from the original receipt message; no e-mails as promised(?). So do not put any credence on the updates!:(

Hi Samir,

Your application seems to have got processed at a blazing speed! Can you please share what all documents you submitted with your N-400?

Thanks.

Sam

1. Copy of my green card--front and back.
2. Marriage certificate.
3. Check for $ 400.00.
4. Completed N-400 application.
5. Two photographs.
My wife applied with me--same documents.
No sweat! We had the same address all through and she had made only one trip to India lasting 31 days. I also was working for the same employer that sponsored my green card.

Last edited by a moderator: