One year ago, aproved LC and I140 from company A and move to company B

sjsong

and recently, I received a letter from immigration office asking if I still want to proceed the I482 process.
Should I response or just ignore it?
Do I have to start all over again from LC process?

Thanks,
--ssj

The I-140 and the approved LC are company specific.

The only thing that is useful to you at this point is the priority date. The rest is junk as far as using it for any other company.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Question regarding LC

Jim,

Can you point to me some website (or place where I can find more info) where I can find info regarding "LC is company specific and can be used for another Qualified Employee"?

Another LC

Hi,

If you already have your LC and 140 approved, then you can can still apply for your 485 except that.....

your new company will re-file another LC, once the new LC is approved, they will inform INS that a new 140 will be used for the existing 485. This will work as long as your LC is approved b4 the approval of 485.

I transferred within same company but completely different job. Two separate law firms approved this approach. Not sure it works for everyone but FYI.

Moving Jobs after labor certification

After I receive the labor certification can I move to another compnay and transfer the labor over and file for I 140 or do I have to go through another labor certification with the new company?

I-485 & Cahnging Company

I am working with Company A. My LC and I-140 have cleared from company A. Now I am joining New Company B using my EAD. But I am gonna keep my old company A on paper. Does that will any impact on my I-485 ?

Please reply.

regards,
Mt

Can spouse on H1B change company on the basis of EAD received?

I and my spouse both are having there GC processed from different companies. Depending on whose application gets through, can the other spouse change company on the basis of EAD received. Do they need to transfer H1 as well??

Status with old employer

At the time of applying for I-140 , i have changed my employer. Conitnuing with the new employer
Can I apply for I-140 now with the old employer.(Labor cleared one year back).

The old company can apply for you if they intend to rehire you when the I-140 is approved

Then it\'s just a matter of convincing INS that the old company really intends to rehire you, that the old company can pay the offered wage, and that you really intend to rejoin a company from which you recently resigned.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

A reply will be appreciated !!!

I and my spouse both are having there GC processed from different companies. Depending on whose application gets through, can the other spouse change company on the basis of EAD received. Do they need to transfer H1 as well??

Am trying to do this, please advise.

Hi Jim,
I am in a situation where I am thinking of re-using the paperwork filed by Company A. My i-140 had cleared in Company A and then I changed to Company B.
Company A did not cancel my paperwork. My labor is still pending in Company B. In this scenario, I am trying to get a "letter of intent to hire" from Company A and file for i-485 on the basis of that. Could you please tell me if this is feasible? What would be the catch, if any? If Company A does agree to give me the letter, is it mandatory for me to join them once the GC comes through? Would a letter be enough or something else required too?
Please help, my 6 years expire in June. :-(
Thanks,
Nikki.

No Title

Nikki,
  I think you should go ahead and file for your I485 before its too late. I know its too late though to say this. But gather the paperwork and get the receipt for I-485. I am asking you to shoot in the dark. If you get thru, well and good. Else anyways you do what you were intending to do , had you not thot of filing for 485.
  Hope this helps. I am sure you will be thru..just pray.

All the best

Let me know what happens