On what basis can one request expedited processing of I485?

lemmistay

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks...My I485 is pending since 12/03 at TSC; have had 1st FP, nothing else so far. My employment contract currently terminates in July 2005, unless my I485 is approved by then, in which case I may be made partner in the firm. Question is, can I request TSC to expedite my case? According to the guys at immigrationwatch.com, over 40% of cases filed during time-frame of when mine was filed have already been approved. My lawyer states that expedite requests are very rarely granted, and usually only for "severe emergencies". Any thoughts? thanks!

thought #1 is : have your attorney fax "Request to Expedite" to the service center explaining the situation briefly but forcefully every couple weeks until adjudicated ...

BTW, why can't your firm make you a partner on your EAD (your 140 is already approved, right?)
thought #2 is: convince your company that its just matter of a short while till the service center adjudicates/adjusts your 485. I certainly have heard about people being made partners on H1b or EAD...its how comfortable/aware your company is about such matters

Last edited by a moderator:
rdip,
thanks for your reply. I discussed this with my attorney, and she is a lil weary because technically, the I485 is for an employee and not for an owner (partner). She said that if I become a partner now, and if my I485 drags on, and if USCIS asks for more recent tax returns showing I'm no longer an employee, than that can be a big problem.