old question: where are the approvals? is IBIS causing the SLOW?

Who knows what is happening at CSC? My guess

is that they are sweeping for old pending/RFE cases.
This is an old theory, and not my original idea.

soi

Approvals on 6/2, 6/3 and 6/6!

I don\'t understand this. It looks like INS is processing 485 applications 2 days a week. Any ideas.

Please note that we get data from a micrscopic community of applicants

CSC probably approves about 40,000 cases per year (I am not sure of the number), and how many cases are we tracking? Maybe about 600.

soi

I am confused by IBIS

While most people seem to think that one of the reasons for slowdown is the IBIS check, which we also assume happens before the application is approved.

And on the other hand, I have seen messages from people who went for stamping that the officer asked them to wait till he gets the IBIS check done ( which they claim takes around 20 to 30 minutes).

My question is when exaclty is this recently introduced IBIS check done. And if it only takes 30 minutes, why are approvals coming so slow ???

Hence, I guess we should look elsewhere for reasons for the slowdown too ..

Regarding the # of responses in this site -- its around the same percentage of people as before ( of the total people that apply) and the # of approvals even in this small sample looks awfully less than say 3 months ago ..

/CoolBangy

No Title

CoolBangy,
In reality the actual IBIS check may be taking just half hour (it may be taking just couple of seconds on the actual computer) but the process of scheduling one and how my cases needs IBIS and how many computers area available and how many operators to do that test available makes all the difference. For e.g. lets say at San Jose there is one computer that can do IBIS then probably it is taking just half hour right now for people to get that check. But at CSC it may take a month to do the same test! Note that this check need to be done for every approval and different cases may have different priority.
-PCee

wow.....like I said before

in CSC ONLY 1 machine but shared by all workers.

where are our $$ ?