Okay not to Renew EAD?

Dardenkoa

Registered Users (C)
i have been waiting for my 485 to process for a long time now. my 485 RD is 11/2001. already did my second fingerprint and second EAD. my case was trasnferred to Arlington office on December 30th, 2003. By the way it looks, it is very doubtful that I will get an interview scheduled before the end of this summer.

My second EAD is about to expire on July 30th, 2004. I am considering NOT renewing it because I am simply sick and tired of renewing and renewing especially if I am supposed to be done with this whole process long ago.

Anyway, I know that if I don't renew EAD, I cannot work which is just fine by me. I am thinking about just taking a break from July 30, 2004 until they schedule me an interview and grant me a decision.

Will NOT renewing for my THIRD EAD and NOT working for a few months before the interview jeopardize my chances of getting an approval for the green card?

Thank you in advance for replying or commenting.

If I am in your place, I would just renew my EAD and keep on working, till I get this GC.

In your case it is already late because your EAD is going to expire in July end. You can't get a new one before it expires. But, still I would suggest apply for one and keep working. Its not always for the money we work, INS is going to give you the GC based on your employment. If you are not working at the time of interview, that might create some problem.

November 2001....Thats a long wait. Sorry to hear that. But renew your EAD and continue working. By not working you are loosing your money towards this stupid INS system. Already all of us have donated so much and I guess thats enough. I wish you a speedy approval....

Taking a break and not providing employment details at the time of interview will definitely raise a flag. It is better to renew your EAD and continue working.

Dardenkoa said:
i have been waiting for my 485 to process for a long time now. my 485 RD is 11/2001. already did my second fingerprint and second EAD. my case was trasnferred to Arlington office on December 30th, 2003. By the way it looks, it is very doubtful that I will get an interview scheduled before the end of this summer.

My second EAD is about to expire on July 30th, 2004. I am considering NOT renewing it because I am simply sick and tired of renewing and renewing especially if I am supposed to be done with this whole process long ago.

Anyway, I know that if I don't renew EAD, I cannot work which is just fine by me. I am thinking about just taking a break from July 30, 2004 until they schedule me an interview and grant me a decision.

Will NOT renewing for my THIRD EAD and NOT working for a few months before the interview jeopardize my chances of getting an approval for the green card?

Thank you in advance for replying or commenting.
Technically yes. AOS gives u legal status to stay here, but there are 2 issues.
- Considering that urs is EB based I485 not working for long could cause issues.

Main consideration, with this INS u never know, y given them an additonal excuse.
As it stands now, u already wouldn't be able to work for month r so. So, hurry and apply for the EAD.

Apply for EAD might help get your case touched

If you apply EAD at the local office, it might help to bring some attention to your I485 case, you never know...

Thank you all

okay, thank you all for all the replies and comments. i will be renewing my EAD A.S.A.P as suggested. i am going to try the online EAD renewal for the first time instead of going through my lawyer unless you guys think that going through my lawyer would be quicker.

i just checked my H1-B, it expired 06/01/03 so it looks like i will have to renew the EAD to keep working. :(

thanks again! much appreciated.