OH!! NO I got RFE while waiting for Approval.

Gebre

Registered Users (C)
I got the following message,JESUS,what do they need???????????????

On September 13, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional
evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what
additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what
is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the
notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283.

Gebre said:
I got the following message,JESUS,what do they need???????????????

On September 13, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional
additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what
is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the
notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283.

Gebre, You got a RFi before right?..Your signature says RFE. Anyways do not worry, My lawyer told me that now a days they are requesting RFE from 70% of the asylees....Its just to prepare themselves when you adjust to become a U.S Citizen...My sister became a citizen few years back and when she went to the interview, they had 6 files stacked up of her case and everythign about her..This country is about paperwork..so do not worry..Read my FAQ about Why RFE is sent at the top of the board.

Thank you WANTMYGCNOW.You are a great help as usual.Sorry the first one is RFI.I will fix that.
One more question,when they ask about "physically present in the US for at least one year,in the aggregate,from the date that your asylum application was granted" Is that mean the first year after asylum or any time after granted asylum.If so I can get them from my work which started working from July 2001 up to now.

Please let me know if it is OK to send a company letter.

It's best to wait for their letter first. It could really be anything, even as simple as a missing "signature" on your medical form.
I think it's most likely an i-602 waiver form for "Misrepresentation" which is the most frequently asked RFE for asylees.

hayle said:
It's best to wait for their letter first. It could really be anything, even as simple as a missing "signature" on your medical form.
I think it's most likely an i-602 waiver form for "Misrepresentation" which is the most frequently asked RFE for asylees.

Hayle, did you include anything with our RFE or just the I-602..Please let us know. Thanks.

wantmygcnow said:
Hayle, did you include anything with our RFE or just the I-602..Please let us know. Thanks.

No, I did not. I just wrote one page explaining why I should get a waiver for a "Misrepresentation". I explained the circumstances when I used false travel documents to save my ass from the "hellish" country I'm from. I also included a quote from the State Dept website which says the Country I'm from has no functioning government and it's hellish place to be. This reinforces why I was granted asylum in the first place.

I think this should be sufficient.

hayle said:
No, I did not. I just wrote one page explaining why I should get a waiver for a "Misrepresentation". I explained the circumstances when I used false travel documents to save my ass from the "hellish" country I'm from. I also included a quote from the State Dept website which says the Country I'm from has no functioning government and it's hellish place to be. This reinforces why I was granted asylum in the first place.

I think this should be sufficient.

Hayle, Once you get approved, we will use your example as to complete only I-602 with not all the nonsense that I sent. That way future asylees dont have to go through the crap I went through to find all the paperwork.

wantmygcnow said:
Hayle, Once you get approved, we will use your example as to complete only I-602 with not all the nonsense that I sent. That way future asylees dont have to go through the crap I went through to find all the paperwork.

Wantmygcnow, I still think you did the right thing. This option is definitely safer despite the pain of getting all the paper work together.

In my case, I felt I had a strong case because there were no NPs available since the government of my country was overthrown. Even to this day there is no government. So if one has a serious case, I think a one page explanation of the circumstances should be enough to grant the waiver.

We'll see. I hope we both get approved soon !!

hayle,I used a legal document to come here.No false documents used to get my asylum.
I hope it will be ok.
But still my question is about the 1year continuous residence.Is that right after approval or it doesn't matter the exact time.

Thanks

Gebre said:
hayle,I used a legal document to come here.No false documents used to get my asylum.
I hope it will be ok.
But still my question is about the 1year continuous residence.Is that right after approval or it doesn't matter the exact time.

Thanks

"Aggregate" means in total, so I think they mean a total period of residence since your asylum approval date. It does not have to be continuous.

In any case, if you have been here all the time, you don't have to worry about the "aggregate" period since you have no gaps. For evidence you might want to send the latest one year period as evidence or all the years. A letter from your employer or payslips or W2 or Tax return are all good evidence documents.

This is for my brother's case (he applied a few days before me)

On September 15, 2005, we mailed a notice requesting additional
additional material is needed...

Anyway, I think I should expect the same thing in a few days.