Official list of documents required for CP interview?

sudden

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've seen a lot of postings from people on the various documents they carried for the CP interview, but is there an "official" list of required documents anywhere? I've tried the Chennai consulate website, but can't find any. I am wondering, for instance, why the requirement for paystubs, considering a GC petition is for a new position? I mailed the consulate asking them this question and they sent me back the URL to the site - www.madras.sphynx.com - where I can't find anything of this nature.

-Sudden

Originally posted by sudden
Hi,

I've seen a lot of postings from people on the various documents they carried for the CP interview, but is there an "official" list of required documents anywhere? I've tried the Chennai consulate website, but can't find any. I am wondering, for instance, why the requirement for paystubs, considering a GC petition is for a new position? I mailed the consulate asking them this question and they sent me back the URL to the site - www.madras.sphynx.com - where I can't find anything of this nature.

-Sudden

People have reported to have carried a lot of stuff to the interview, but in my opinion none of the documents other than the ones in the official list is required. The official list is sent along with Packet 4. I completed my CP in chennai in Oct and my P4 listed the following documents:

1. OF-171 Visa appointment letter
2. DS-230 Part I and II
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Wedding photos
5. Birth Certificate OR statement of non-availability AND affidavit of birth
6. Evidence of financial support ( I included notarized LOE, pay stubs for last 3 months, bank statements for 3 months, 2001 tax return)
7. Photos 3 copies immigration style.
8. Proof of relationship between petitioner and beneficiary ( i did not include anything under this category)
9. Medical reports, No X ray required.
10. IRS 9003 form ( no longer required)
11. separate valid passports for each applicant
12. Police certificates

Fees if required
If chennai, courier fees draft. ( you can also pay this in cash at chennai)

pay stubs and tax returns are not logical requirements, but are needed.
Include 2 photo copies of all originals that you wish returned, like marriage certificate, birth certificates, non-availability letters.

That's all, you do not need anything else.

nkm-oct23 is very much correct. But I think people still carry all the papers to cover up any unwanted and unexpected situation they might have faced during interview. The extra docs just play the role of life-boat/life-jacket.
cheers!!
Ranen

Thanks a lot, nkm_oct23 and ranen,

The paystub requirement does indeed sound illogical. However, since it is not specifically stated in the offical doc requirements list as such, I wonder if we can get by without it - I have bank statements, 401K statements, investment statements, tax returns etc. My problem with paystubs is that I left the US last october and have been in India since, so obviously the relevant paystubs are more than a year old. And furthermore the last few paystubs I have from the US are short of a 1000 dollars each pay period from my gross (as reported in my labor application) because of a paycut due to company policies and I wonder if that would cause a problem. Any thoughts?

-Sudden

If u have a very hard luck,they might ask u for paystub otherwise not. More importanat is in the employment letter ur employer should mention a salary greater than or equal to the salary declared in ETA-750(labour application), if not it might be a problem.
cheers!!
Ranen

Sudden:
CP nearly everything is Illogical. Paystub should not be asked and should not matter. Since GC is for a job in the future. However it is the duty of the Visa officer to detech past Visa fraud. If you have claimed H1-B status prior to your IV visa, then Visa officer can ask for latest paystub.

Paystubs provide him proof that you are still working with the relevant company of your H1-B. Furthermore it is considered additional documentation for your I134 support and your employment letter.

Now it is upto you to take it or leave it. Remote consequneces being that on being asked to produce your paystub, you will have to sell the visa a lame excuse. Which might raise suspicion and result in delays.

As I stated earlier, CP most of the documents are illogical.

Peace,
Bapa