Odd Question?

Brandon26

Registered Users (C)
Anyone know about this:

They say that you have to marry the person that gets the K Visa within 90 Days, what happends if the person that is getting brought into the U.S. marries someone else within that 90 days? I'd imagine they'd get sent back, but does that mean the marriage wasn't legal and doesn't mean they are actually married to that person....

also, does anyone know about age limits for marriage with the K Visa?

Thanks in advance.

-Brandon

*edit* -- Please help it's my last hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
If the person marries someone else, the marriage is still legal but the new petitioner has to file the I-130 and the I-129. The person has to live the country while those petitions are pending, is my understanding from the INS website.

As for age, the INS recognizes any legal marriage so depending on state where you live and their marriage laws.

... hmmmm

I'm so screwed... currently my girlfriend, who is Brazilian and 17, was basically bought by a guy in New Hampshire... me and her have been dating for nearly a year, on the 24th of this month. But he just stepped in about 3 weeks ago since he met her and first of all, tried to trick her into marrying him. Saying things like, "if you marry me i'll let you be with your boyfriend" and stuff like that, we both decided to refuse and go the legal way about it. Then a few weeks later he asked her again only this time hs said he was in love with her.... he's 42 years old. She said no once again. He was fed up with her and then went above her and asked her father. The father agreed to let him marry her, even against her own will. So now she's in this arranged marriage which was to take place on Dec. 27th.

I was going to go there on Nov. 8 and then try to marry her before him since she would then be 18 and I would be out of college and have a nice job since I am interning right now and I would make enough money to support the both of us. Her aunt overheard our convo on the phone and then told her father. The wedding was moved up to this last saturday that went by. He didn't file for some documents he needed to marry her and the wedding was cancelled for that day. He still down there and is still very persistant. Is there any ways I can stop him? Can I report him to INS/BCIS?

She really detest this person and can't even trust him, but he just wants to marry her and have children within this year. Which means she will also have to stop attending school. :(
My plan was to try to marry her when she got here but I don't know if that will happen since he is trying to marry her there also... would it affect anything if they were married there and I married her here?

I know there are a lot of questions but I just don't want my girlfriend to be miserable for her entire life and I would rather keep our relationship going on the path we had it planned.

called

I just got off the phone with INS/BCIS and they said there's no way they can really help me stop the marriage, currently I am e-mailing some women's rights organization in Brazil to see if there's any way they can help.

I need to find a way to make impossible for him to marry her there or it's hopeless for us here. He's already said he's not leaving there until he marry's her and he keeps trying to get sex from her before the wedding already... god i think this man is such a sick human being.

I don't know if this is a possibility but maybe you can go down there and get married before this other guy does. Legally there is nothing the our government can do. Have you tried talking to her father?

Thats a very difficult delema you have. I hope things go well for you.

crappy deal

well, i don't even have my passport, they said it would be here by now but still no show, but then i would also have to file for a visa and all of that and the wedding is now tomorrow. I am trying to just try to tell her to gather the strength to say "NO" but she is so afraid of her father and her family. I haven't gotten a chance to speak with her father but this other guy has already spread lies about me to him... hopefully I will be able to give her the strength to say no when the time is right without me being there as much as i would like to be there for her