Odd processing time for Re-entry permit I-131

abumiqdad

Just to share my experience.

I applied for re-entry permit back in September (Sept 15th to be exact, of the date the applications got received). Applied for both mine and my child's. We each got I-797C dated a couple of days later (my child has Notice Date 1 day earlier that mine though).

Then nothing happened - until my INFOPASS appointment nearly 1 month later (Oct 12) where the officer updated me that i have pending biometric appointment - that is on 20th Oct. So I went to the state's ASC right after the INFOPASS appointment, (just walked in) with just the info, the worker at ASC found my appointment details, and printed our appointment letter, did our biometric and got the letter stamped and signed by the ASC worker.

However, we have never received the original ASC appointment letter through mail . I cannot imagine had i not had the INFOPASS appointment, i would have missed the biometric appointment. (unless they did not mail it because i had done the biometrics)

Then when i checked my own case this week, my re-entry permit was produced and details will be mailed to the address (so my re-entry permit clock had started a couple of weeks ago).

My child's case is still stuck at Sept 15th status (calling Tier 2 USCIS support number only revealed that my child had done the biometrics on 12th Oct). That is about it.

Kinda odd that i thought for Re-entry permit, it will usually take up to 3 months, and in 2 weeks it will be 3 months for my child's application. Not that I am complaining, i just found it odd. I just hope my child's case would be processed without any issue.

Just to share my experience.

I applied for re-entry permit back in September (Sept 15th to be exact, of the date the applications got received). Applied for both mine and my child's. We each got I-797C dated a couple of days later (my child has Notice Date 1 day earlier that mine though).

Then nothing happened - until my INFOPASS appointment nearly 1 month later (Oct 12) where the officer updated me that i have pending biometric appointment - that is on 20th Oct. So I went to the state's ASC right after the INFOPASS appointment, (just walked in) with just the info, the worker at ASC found my appointment details, and printed our appointment letter, did our biometric and got the letter stamped and signed by the ASC worker.

However, we have never received the original ASC appointment letter through mail . I cannot imagine had i not had the INFOPASS appointment, i would have missed the biometric appointment. (unless they did not mail it because i had done the biometrics)

Then when i checked my own case this week, my re-entry permit was produced and details will be mailed to the address (so my re-entry permit clock had started a couple of weeks ago).

My child's case is still stuck at Sept 15th status (calling Tier 2 USCIS support number only revealed that my child had done the biometrics on 12th Oct). That is about it.

Kinda odd that i thought for Re-entry permit, it will usually take up to 3 months, and in 2 weeks it will be 3 months for my child's application. Not that I am complaining, i just found it odd. I just hope my child's case would be processed without any issue.

I hope everything gets sorted out soon.