October Cp In Mumbai: Urgent Help Required

destMumbai

Registered Users (C)
Dear Experienced CP Users,

I would really appreciate if you kindly answer one of my question.

In my Passport, Birth Certificate, School Certificate, university certificate, marriage certificate my name is spelled like PRASANTA

In my first job offer, second and current job offer, H1B application and approval, greencard application, all documents in USA including SSN card, driving license, tax return my name is spelled as PRASHANTA

The reason my name from bengali can be spelled in both the ways. So when I got my first job they did the mistake in the spelling and from then when I got the current job and when H1B approved everything is in the new spelling including all the documents in USA.

For this purpose I sent a mail to Mumbai Consulate three months back asking whether this can be a problem. I got the answer that Visa will be issued as per the name in Passport.

As my passport has the old spelling and all my documents in USA has the new spelling so I applied for change in spelling in my passport to the new spelling and I got a new passport with the new spelling PRASHANTA

Could you kindly tell me whether this is alright or not? Or whether I need any supporting document during interview.