October/2001 RD's. When to expect approval.

Marc Lavoie

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Any idea when we'll start seeing approvals for October/2001 RD's?
By judging the current pace of approvals and considering that August, September, and October cases are much less numerous than July/2001 cases, my personal opinion is that we'll have October cases approved between the end of November and Christmas.

Please let me know your thoughts...

Marc

nope...sorry to put a damper man..

but for any month having 100+ cases,looking at rupnet only,I noticed it takes NSC over 2mos to approve/RFE (i.e. assign cases)so for June (and Aug seems to have the same no of filers as June,if not more)
they took over 2 mos,and there are still people pending to approve..for July - well it'll go well over 3 mos ..as they are hardly 60% complete for July- I am Oct 2001 ND - so I am not hoping my approval/RFE before Feb 2003,as don't forget there will not be any movement of cases in INS around nov,dec due to Thanksgiving and Xmas

Again,I am not trying to put a damper,but it's better not to get r hopes up..as we'll get disappointed..
so prepare for the worst..and hope for the best

Cheers
JAck

Oct RD here as well

I think we can not predict the way INS work and I am sure a lot of people on these forums will subscribe to that idea. I just heard from a friend of mine and he just received his 485 approval notice. I know for a fact that his RD is Sept. 01, so INS works in mysterious ways.

We all can be realistic and optimistic at the same time, can't we :)

Thanks.

August RD/September ND

My RD is 8/9/2002 and ND is 09/19/2002. I am hoping to get approved before the end of this year. We have atleast 250 cases outstanding from June/July (including RFE's). If NSC approves 3 cases per working day (average from info on rupnet.com), we are talking 80+ working days, close to four months. Hope I am wrong, but things point otherwise.

Good Luck to everyone.

Haraputta, is your friend in NSC?

yes..that's a good question bhagyanagar

also "haraputta" - could you,or ask your friends to post their details on www.rupnet.com/immigration
??that would give us a good indication of what's going on
thanks man
cheers
Jack

Sure!!

I will ask him to post his details on rupnet.com. About the non-approved cases from July and August, I am hoping that some of those cases have already been approved and the applicants have just not updated the info on rupnet.com.

Thanks.

Jack,

Jack,

I think you are being way too pessimistic.
NCS is currently approving end of July, which according to the postings in rupnet.com has the same number of cases as August, September, and October combined!

So in case it really takes 3 months for NSC to complete the approvals of July/2001 it is totally possible to expect that in another 3 months (by mid-December) they will be finishing approving October cases.

But these are all speculations. We do know that the INS is very incoherent when it comes to doing their job.

Marc.

Jack and all

I just read this at immigration-law. Does not make senseUpdated 09/12/2002: Causes for Late Processing Delays of Various Petitions

The pace of processing of I-129, I-140, and I-485 cases was one time getting faster, H-1B being approved less than 60 days and even I-140 being approved in less than 60 days. However, people must have noticed that the processing times have substantially increased during the last two or three months. Why?
VSC explains that basically three factors have affected and will affect the processing delays: (1) Security check (IBIS) mandate; (2) Adoption of 30-day processing policy for I-539 applications, causing reduced resources availability for such petitions; (3) 175,000 El Salvador TPS Extension cases that starts in September.
Our interest is whether there are any hope for these causes being removed. Obviously not. It thus leads to the conclusion that the processing delays may continue for a while. Certainly not a bright news!