OCT approval rate will increase

dengdeng

Registered Users (C)
Just saw on CSC board that BCIS promised to double approval rate from Oct, estimated 4500-5000 cases per month. That's about one month RD. Hope all the old cases will be processed and Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec comrades, let's pray our ordeal will end in Oct.

CSC Liaison Meeting Summary For August 27, 2003 (09-16-2003) [Top]

Adjudication Priorities
The priority for adjudications until September 30, 2003 is that of religious worker cases. It is anticipated that in October 2003, the adjudication of adjustment applications (I-485s) will resume at a faster pace (perhaps double). It is also expected that in October the adjudication of Employment Authorization Applications (I-765) and Advance Parole Applications (I-131) filed concurrently with I-140/I-485s will be faster, so that eventually these applications will be adjudicated within 45 days.. By the end of September 2003, it is hoped that H-1B visa petitions, except for extensions, will be processed within 90 days. H-1B visa extensions should be adjudicated within 4.5 months and eventually by the end of this calendar year - 90 days. However, the processing time for Immigrant Visa Petitions (I-140) will be delayed.

Adjustment Applications (I-485)
These types of cases, as mentioned above, are not a priority at this time. The JIT Report Processing Date will soon reflect a change from November 16, 2001 to December 16, 2001. Although it appeared that I-485s have not been adjudicated, the following statistics were provided as to the number of cases completed:

May 2,943

June 3,178

July 2,472

When normal resources are allocated to the adjudication of these cases, it was indicated that 4500 to 5000 cases are completed on a monthly basis.

My prediction is not doubled, but tripled, or many many times more. The regular speed is tons of approvals per day on rupet, about 10% of the cases I scanned everyday. The current speed is one or two approvals per day on rupnet, 5 among 1000 cases I scanned. So it will change in Oct. anyway, it's almost Oct already!

My another prediction is once the approval rate increases, old cases will be handled quickly, for example. if previously a 2nd FP case needs 2 months to be adjudciated, very well expected it to be approved in Oct. Maybe all old cases(all the RFE cases and 2nd FP cases) will be approved in Oct.

And of course Feb/Mar RD should start.

deng deng

Not to discourage you , about 100 new adjucators and all high speed adjucators are not alive ,I have noticed from last Oct 2002 it is all rumors time and again and of no use for service centers...Any way let us keep positive hope..

In past

we have seen similar statements.....but backlog kept on increasing.....Jan'02 is taking over 5 months.........

Originally posted by dengdeng
My prediction is not doubled, but tripled, or many many times more. The regular speed is tons of approvals per day on rupet, about 10% of the cases I scanned everyday. The current speed is one or two approvals per day on rupnet, 5 among 1000 cases I scanned. So it will change in Oct. anyway, it's almost Oct already!

My another prediction is once the approval rate increases, old cases will be handled quickly, for example. if previously a 2nd FP case needs 2 months to be adjudciated, very well expected it to be approved in Oct. Maybe all old cases(all the RFE cases and 2nd FP cases) will be approved in Oct.

And of course Feb/Mar RD should start.

Dengdeng: the first step would be to send out 2nd FP notices to many us who have an expired 1st FP and in limbo, right?

Cool down

Do not expect any miracles here,

BCIS will never improve. We are not important to them

SO do not get into High hopes,

My opinion is that we should not think about how many got approved, how many will get approved next month, etc etc

Just keep on going with your day to day life.

This BCIS is a slow poison.

We cannot improve BCIS. So just live your life and stop thinking too much

Are we INDIANS EVER LEARN TO STOP LIVING LIKE SLAVES. All along in the History we have been slaves for external rulers ruling our kingdom

Hope

this is actually true. It is best to forget about GC and continue with business as usual but I know it is real tough

Just keep dreaming, this is what I heard last year, there will be deluge of approvals, this is all crap, we will be approved when our time comes everything else is crap.....

The Problem is not with BCIS or anyone else. So don't unnecessarily blame and criticize BCIS or anyone else for that matter. The problem is why so many people from one country are desperate in seeking USGC ? Answer that question honestly and you will realize that we are to blame for this mess !

So cool down....Have less babies, create more jobs and raise standard of living in India and then USGC will be less attractive.

How much does USGC matter to a guy or gal from Japan or Germany ? How many Japanese and Germans we see here are so critical of BCIS and desperate about their GC ?

Therefore the problem lies within and the solution will have to come from within, NOT FROM BCIS OR USGC !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
(originally posted at CSC forum)
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=585259#post585259

Here is the number of approvals found by Project Kashmir.
Code:
252 ... September 2003 (as of 9/20/2003)
252 ... August 2003
263 ... July 2003
395 ... June 2003
359 ... May 2003
397 ... April 2003
According to ysolong,
the CSC had 600 Religious Worker cases that should be adjudicated by 9/30/2003.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=583383#post583383

Considering the above numbers, the CSC seems to be able to adjudicate 400-500 I485 cases per month, and must be busy for Religious Worker cases now.

However, the above numbers already include Religious Worker I485 cases.
This means the CSC will be able to adjudicate only 400-500 EB I-485 cases even in October, 2003
unless additional resource would be assigned.

It's very doubrful that in October 2003, the adjudication of adjustment applications (I-485s) will resume at a faster pace (perhaps double).

I think that we should not have too much hope for faster adjudication from the next month
and that each applicant should complain about slow processing to Congressional offices now because they are the only persons with direct access to the CSC.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=585084#post585084

Originally posted by sai-2367
So the point is to get additional resources.

What about the additional 100 staff members hired at VSC (http://www.murthy.com/ukvsc.html) and the new building acquired (http://bcis.stephenpalik.com/index.php?showtopic=597)

But, anyway congresspersons and senators should be emailed soon.
> the point is to get additional resources.
I totally agree on this.

> What about the additional 100 staff members hired at VSC
VSC processing pace is not satisfactory but much faster than other service centers.

> anyway congresspersons and senators should be emailed soon.
Also, everyone should complain directly to Congressional members until they complain against the USCIS.

Vaareshoo Kashmir.
Kyashu karan !
How did you come up with your statistics for September cases since many of them have 'no receipt found' .

Originally posted by kashmir
> the point is to get additional resources.
I totally agree on this.

> What about the additional 100 staff members hired at VSC
VSC processing pace is not satisfactory but much faster than other service centers.

> anyway congresspersons and senators should be emailed soon.
Also, everyone should complain directly to Congressional members until they complain against the USCIS.

BCIS Update

Special immigration law for religious workers other than "minister" category will sunset at the end of September. The USCIS and the State Department have thus issued special policies to expedite the pending cases. However, there are a large number of pending cases that will remain unadjudicated. These pending cases will face denial unless two things happen in the next few days. The agencies must adopt a policy that until the Congress passes the extension bill, they will keep these cases alive even after October 1. Most importantly, the Congress must pass the extension bill as soon as possible.