OCT 29 CP at Chennai successful

qfgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I had a successful interview at Chennai on OCT 29th. I had received a lot of help from this group and I am very thankful
for it. A special thanks for RAJU and DIVEKAR for answering several of my questions.

I had reached Chennai on Oct 17th. Went to Lister same day
at 8.00AM. Had the blood drawn and Xray taken. Took immi.
style photos at Konica Labs. I collected the lab reports around
4.30PM. Rushed over to Dr. Vijayalaxmi. The physical was
completed in 15 mins. Have one photo for Lister and one for Dr.V.

Reached Chennai on the 28th. Relaxed and rechecked my docs.
I stayed at Crystal Residency. The front desk is very helpful. Not
the best of hotels but very convenient for the job at hand.

Arrived at US Cons. at 7.10AM for 8.00AM interview on the 29th.
Turned out to be an absolute waste of time. They made us stand 50 feet away from the entrance and didn't let us get to the entrace until 8.00. As soon as they permitted us to go, everyone
ignored the queue and made a mad rush for the entrance. I felt
quite embarassed to run, but was pissed for having lost my spot
at the hesd of the queue. I took up the issue with the police and
ensured that I regained my position. Moral of the story: Don't arrive at the consulate until 5mins before your scheduled interview time, donot be shy to invoke your skills of the past.

Also your position in the queue does not matter. The lady who collects the docs calls you in a predetermined order. I was called
to counter 9 at 8.15AM. The lady at the counter was efficient and polite. She collected all the required docs in 15 mins. Apart from the mandatory docs listed several times in this board, she asked for and collected 2002 Tax Returns, 2002 W2 and last 5 pay stubs copies.

After document collection we were made to wait for an interview with the consular officer. He showed up at counter 6 around 11.00. He is a jovial guy and must be in his late 30s or early 40s. He called us around 11.30 and apart from the usual questions about Job, Salary, Marriage .... I was asked about my brush with the law and the subsequent documentation. I was found guilty for a Failure to Appear, which is a Class C misdemeanor and hence was not a big deal anyway. I had all the proper documents from the court and the relevant Texas statuetes. The CO approved our visas after finding the docs satisfactory.

We left the consulate around 12.00PM. The brown packets arrived the next day via. BLUE DART at around 1.00PM to our hotel. Everything was in proper order and there were no mistakes on the approval form.

All in all it was a pleasant experience. Make sure you have all your docs., be prepared for any possible questions specific to your case.

Hope you have a pleasant CP experience. I would be glad to answer any of your questions.

Thanks.

QFGC.

about the tax return docs they collected from you

Hi,

thanks for the detailed info. on your GC experience.
I have the following question:
they asked for your 2002 tax return, W2 and last 5 paystubs, right ?

Did you just give them the photocopies ?

I had filled the 2002 tax return on my own ( filled the forms by pen). Are the photocopies of those forms okay ?
I also have IRS transcripts of the same.

thanks,
Swagho

I was asked for the 2002 W2, Tax Return and last 5 pay stubs. The lady looked over the originals for W2 and pay stubs and took copies of the same.

The TAX Return is a copy only. What you have is good enough.

QFGC

Do you know if the consulate office in India verifies all the related documents with the source who issued those. As an example, the verification of experience letter of the Indian company.

Thanks!