OCI Processing time in Chicago

eb34me

I applied for the OCI for my son on 23rd of April, 2010 to Chicago Consulate. It was acknowledge on 03-May-2010.

After 03-May-2010 more than 7 months passed, but there is no change in the status. I tried to contact by phone, but phone is always busy as well as there is no response via email.

I also sent the USPS mail as well as through priority mail with signature confirmation, but did not receive any respnse from consulate. It is very frustrating, but don't know what to do.

Syed

I applied for the OCI for my son on 23rd of April, 2010 to Chicago Consulate. It was acknowledge on 03-May-2010.

After 03-May-2010 more than 7 months passed, but there is no change in the status. I tried to contact by phone, but phone is always busy as well as there is no response via email.

I also sent the USPS mail as well as through priority mail with signature confirmation, but did not receive any respnse from consulate. It is very frustrating, but don't know what to do.

Syed
It is the most complex process. At least they have made is very complex and it seems that they just do what they want to do.
If you are not far away then may be a visit may help.

Syed

On Indian Consulate Chicago website click "contact us" and select oci. You will get online form. Fill it , give full details , your email/telephone numbers, Application number. They will respond. Every 3 days keep on sending a new query. In each query give all details within 2 weeks you will see action.

I have a feeling there may be some problem with your photo and you some how missed their communication. In case of photo problem see their letter posted by me in OCI- Chicago tracker # 616 to overcome same.

On Indian Consulate Chicago website click "contact us" and select oci. You will get online form. Fill it , give full details , your email/telephone numbers, Application number. They will respond. Every 3 days keep on sending a new query. In each query give all details within 2 weeks you will see action.

I have a feeling there may be some problem with your photo and you some how missed their communication. In case of photo problem see their letter posted by me in OCI- Chicago tracker # 616 to overcome same.

to much enquiries also may create some issues. To send a online query and wait for 2 weeks.