OCI collection - Sent passports by USPS express mail - Waht is the turnaround time?

soKrazzy4

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have sent US Passport(s) via USPS express mail to CGI-NY on Mon 13th Sep 2010 and was received by CGI NY on 14th Sep 2010. Any idea what is the turn around time for them to mail back the passports/OCI card(s)? Also do they send it via Express mail ? or UPS?

Anyone in similar boat or have applied by mail - kindly share your experience.

Good Luck to everyone in Queue and hope your application process is expedited.

SoK, you can check the OCIs mailed out by NYC consulates each day by tracking by reference at the UPS website and then select US and the country and put your zipcode. Selct the date as just one day or else it would be too many to show at a time.
The turn around time is quite fast- under a week Good luck!

Ok, will check it out. Based on what you say, does the CG NY send the passports/card back using UPS service? I thought it would be USPS.

thanks for your help.

SoK, you can check the OCIs mailed out by NYC consulates each day by tracking by reference at the UPS website and then select US and the country and put your zipcode. Selct the date as just one day or else it would be too many to show at a time.
The turn around time is quite fast- under a week Good luck!

Ok, will check it out. Based on what you say, does the CG NY send the passports/card back using UPS service? I thought it would be USPS.

thanks for your help.

Today, at 4 pm I received my PP stamped with the U visa sticker along with the OCI card via ExpressMail
It appears that CGNY takes around 7 working days to mail it out. I sent my PP + $20 M.O (mailing fee) + cover letter + print out of online status on 09/09/10, recd by CGNY on 09/10/10. They mailed it on 09/21/10 and I recd it today.

Today, at 4 pm I received my PP stamped with the U visa sticker along with the OCI card via ExpressMail
It appears that CGNY takes around 7 working days to mail it out. I sent my PP + $20 M.O (mailing fee) + cover letter + print out of online status on 09/09/10, recd by CGNY on 09/10/10. They mailed it on 09/21/10 and I recd it today.

Thanks redbaron. I had sent mine on 09/13 and received by CGI NY on 09/14, so I believe i should get it by coming Monday. will updated the forum after I receive the same.

Received Passports in 8 working days via usps express mail

You were right redbaron. I received mine on Sat 09/25