OCI - CGI New York

desikuda

Registered Users (C)
SInce the dual citizenship thread is getting very big, I started the new tread.

I have applied for OCI on April 7th at CGI New york for entire family. Sent in the following

1. Notarized copy of US passport
2. Notarized copy of old Indian passport
3. Notarized copy of Kids USA birth certificate
4. Required fees
5. $15 for return postage
6. 3 extra photographs(2 on form + 3 extra)
7. Self addressed stamped enevelop(save cgi some trouble)
8. everything in duplicate

If you have applied at CGI NY please send in our experience and tracking information so we can be informed. Also looks like CGI NY is the only consulate which does not show any online tracking on there website.

Desi waiting for OCI

I sent my application on 4/3 and it was received by CGINY on 4/7. I did not send the self addressed stamped envelope. I do not expect any kind of action until 4/24. I will start monitoring after that date and post the progress here.

mangal

did you send your passport by mail or are you going personally to the consulate? there is no time frame mentioned in the letter for personal pick up.thanks

genesis1 said:
did you send your passport by mail or are you going personally to the consulate? there is no time frame mentioned in the letter for personal pick up.thanks

Hi genesis1
Found this thread by accident :)
I sent my passport by mail on Monday.I live in PA and a trip to New York didnt seem worth it.Plus CGINY does not refund the mail return charges if you go pick it up personally,and i have already paid them for that.Also i dont have any plans to go India this month :)

Nycgi

Guess what, CGI NY continues to amaze me. I called yesterday evening and left a message, and this morning the lady called me back(!). She explained that pick up is possible anytime between 9AM and 5PM (except lunch break) on all working days. On inquiry she also informed that someone else can pick it up for me if the person carries the passport and the letter.
Way to go NY!!!!

Monitor Status

Is there a way to monitor OCI app status? I mailed my app almost 2 months ago, have not heard from the consulate.

denver400 said:
Is there a way to monitor OCI app status? I mailed my app almost 2 months ago, have not heard from the consulate.
You can lookup on MHA website with the following link.
http://mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.html

Punch in your reference number and click GO button. (not enter)

Going forward please post all the OCI related issues in its own form. This new forum has been created alongside of the citizenship forum (the currrent forum).