Obtaining Green Card

neptizzle

Hello,
Can someone give me advice on how I can obtain the green card? I am currently a student on immigration visa I-140. What should my next step be in order to be successful? Thanks for your advice.
Nepty

Your Visa should be F1 (could be J1 also). Assuming it is F1 when you need to find a company that would hire you and arrange for your H1B visa. As soon as you start the new job you should start on preparing the filing for your labor certification (hopefully the HR department will be able to help you and did this before). Once the labor certification is approved you can file your I-140 and I-485 (I-485 is the adjustment of status request that, if approved, will result in BCIS issuing your Green Card). Some companies have immigration lawyers that will help you on this long journey. Hope that your are a patient man/woman - th entire process could take easily 5 years.

Hi,
Well, I applied for a green card under my father but I was declined permanent residence because I was over the age of 21 prior to applying. Now I am back to where I was a year and a half ago ( I-140) and don't know what my next step should be.