Oath & Travel - any clue what to do !

rkchi

Registered Users (C)
My wife & I had our interview on November 7th. We both told our IO that we were planning to travel out of the country on Dec 13th & would be back by Jan 5th. So we requested that our interview be held after Jan 5th.

But just now I received the N-445 Notice asking me to appear for Oath on Nov 20th. My wife has not received any such notice.

Is it possible for me to get my US passport before Dec 13th? Does anybody have any experience in this? I understand that I can get my US passport expedaited but I have exactly 23 days before my travel.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some idea about this and anyone with the same experience would be a great help. Normally, I would postpone my trip but this time its virtually impossible.

Hi rkchi,

It is possible! Either you go to the passport agency near to your town/city and apply directly or apply for expedite service and you will get the passport in about 1-2 weeks at the most. I have read stories that with expedite service takes 5 working days. I think you should be fine.

But just now I received the N-445 Notice asking me to appear for Oath on Nov 20th. My wife has not received any such notice.

Is it possible for me to get my US passport before Dec 13th? Does anybody have any experience in this? I understand that I can get my US passport expedaited but I have exactly 23 days before my travel..

Obviously every experience is different, but I recently applied for my passport at a Post Office. I submitted it on Nov 1st in the afternoon and paid for the expedite service, but not the overnight shipping. I received my passport on Nov 10th.

My wife & I had our interview on November 7th. We both told our IO that we were planning to travel out of the country on Dec 13th & would be back by Jan 5th. So we requested that our interview be held after Jan 5th.

Is it possible for me to get my US passport before Dec 13th? Does anybody have any experience in this? I understand that I can get my US passport expedaited but I have exactly 23 days before my travel.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some idea about this and anyone with the same experience would be a great help. Normally, I would postpone my trip but this time its virtually impossible.

Yes. You can get the passport same day. Call your passport agency (look up here to find your agency:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

abd take an appointment. On the appointment day take your trvel itenary, if possible tickets, naturalization cert, drivers lic, SSN card(optional) to the agency. They will accept your papers and issue you a passport the same afternoon.

catch: Its hard to get an appointment so you should call right now and get one for the day after your oath.