Oath & Passport

mariahoneyy

Registered Users (C)
Would you please anyone help who already attended Oath ceremony?

-On ceremony> Green Card, Social Security Crad & Native passport we need. WHat else we need to bring with us?

-How can I apply for U.S.Passport in a same day &

-May I pay passport application by check/ credit card?

-Any web site for passport application?

Thank you all forum members & good luck to you all.........

Regards
Maria

You cna apply for the passport on the same day of your oath. You can go the postoffice and apply. You will be given a list of postoffice where you can apply for the passport. The postoffice will need you original Certificate of Naturalization. It's a good idea to make xerox copies of the certificate. You will receive both the passport and Certificate in mail with in 5-6 weeks.

I applied for the US passport on the day I had my interview/oath (May 20) in Post office. I received my passport on (June 06). The issue date on the passport was May 28. I applied for normal processing. I was told it will take 5-6 weeks to receive the passport.

Hi,

They will just collect the Green Card and the Oath letter, they do not need SSN Card/Native Passport etc.. In my case (Sherman - Texas on May 20) the Ceremoney ends at 3:30 PM, I guess it is very hard to apply in the same day, How ever in your place if the passport office is near by you could apply on the same day. Though I have applied after two days, I have received the passport in 15 days with Normal process. In Dallas they charge $30 cash only for admin fee and $55!!?? for Passport processing fee in Checks. You have to have two passport photo, I guess most of the locations have photo facilities also ($10).

Good Luck.
SV

Maria

I remeber you are from NYC - in case you get the oath in Brooklyn court - the post office is right there - so once you finish the oath, you can go in and apply for the passport. I think the method of payment may vary from post-office to post-office. Be sure - you have your photographs ready.