Oath Letter?

Liberty11

Registered Users (C)
I had my appointment at the Chicago office on Monday. They told me that I was sceduled for December 5 at our local court for oath and they said that I will receive the letter soon. I did not receive any letter as of today.

What should I do if I do not receive this letter? Should I go to the court anyway?
Is there anyway I can locate this letter on the Internet?

Thank you so much for your help in advance

May 2006 submited n400
June 2006 - FP
July 2008 - FP
October 9 2008 -Interview date
Infopass - November 24
Oath December 5 Letter for oath?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might try to go to the court, if you know the place and time. If you are scheduled for that day you should be on the list. You still have a few more days, so you might still get the letter. There is no way to locate the letter over the internet.

Thank you, Huracan!

I know the time exatly, officer wrote me the date, address and the time. She told me to wait for the letter.

I was thinking , maybe I can find just the example of the letter and be ready to answer all the questions.

Me too, I hope to receive soon this letter...

Finally I have received this letter! :)

I have another question.

They want me to bring with me the Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Document. What is it?
I have my passport from my origine country and green card.
Do they mean my passport which I use when I travel to abroad?

Thank you again for your help! This forum is so good, helping a lot of people.
I am so grateful to you, guys!

I think they mean the pp. But you only need it if you traveled outside US AFTER the interview. My oath letter had the same thing checked (all of them do), and they didn't ask for anything, as long as you have "no" for the question about outside travel since IV, you don't need to show pp even; you can always take it, but they won't ask for it if you didn't travel after IV.

I am not from MN but from MI, my letter was lost or was not sent at all and was schedule for oath on 11/21 but couple of days ago i got a letter in the mail that you didn't show up for you oath. I was really angry as uscis. Called my lawyer and now reschedule for 12/08/08 finally after 25 months of waiting hoping my wating days are almost over.

PD: 11/2/2006
First FP, NC pending for almost 2 Years.
filed WOM after 1.5 years successfully
IL: 11/5/2008
Oath: 12/08/2008 :)
-----------------
I130 for my wife 1/26/2006
wating to be a citizen...