Oath Letter not received after 60 days since interview

sandwichleg

Registered Users (C)
Hi all!
I had my interview on September 30th and I passed it - I still have the Naturalization Interview Results paper and it indicates that I have passed "the tests of English and U.S. history and government", and the officer who interviewed me circled A ("Congratulations!"). On the day of my interview she said the oath will take place in an hour and asked me if I want to do that today. Since I was back in Virginia right before the interview and was leaving for Chicago at 6, I asked her if I could schedule my oath at a later time. She said sure and wrote something like "Schedule Oath in mid December please - school in Chicago" on a post-it note and put it on top of my interview result in my folder (so I can come home for the break and have my oath).

I came home on November 25th and asked my parents if they have received anything from USCIS. They gave me all the letters I received when I was gone, and none of them were from USCIS. Since we heard that oath letters are generally sent out two weeks before the date, we waited and waited. It's almost mid December and I have no idea what is going on.

I just called the number that appears on the USCIS notice (1 800 375 5283) and all I got was a recorded message talking. When I have indicated that my case has been silent for over 60 days, I couldn't get any answers.

I'm going back to school in three weeks, and I would love to have my oath soon. What should I from this point? I can wait for another week but I'm afraid I will never get the OL while I'm here, and will reach the mailbox when I'm back in school. In that case, should I change my mailing address around Christmas so I get the OL (if it's coming..) in my school mailbox so I don't have to wait for my parents to open the letter and tell me what is going on via phone? Or should I do Infopass?
07/20/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/12/2009 : FP Appointment / Done (Walk-in)
08/22/2009 : Interview Letter Received
09/30/2009 : Interview Date (Passed!)
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Letter Received
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are back iN VA, go to an infopass and see if they can give you the the oath letter there. take your Interview results with you.

I just called the number that appears on the USCIS notice (1 800 375 5283) and all I got was a recorded message talking. When I have indicated that my case has been silent for over 60 days, I couldn't get any answers.

Did you get to talk to the IO by requesting transfering your call ?

Did you get to talk to the IO by requesting transfering your call ?

I couldn't reach anyone - I just got all the info from the recorded message. I even stayed on the line for a long time to see if it transfers to me an officer, but nothing happened.

However I just made an Infopass appointment! Hope this works.

I couldn't reach anyone - I just got all the info from the recorded message. I even stayed on the line for a long time to see if it transfers to me an officer, but nothing happened.

You should press option 1, then option 2, then option 3 to get a customer service representative first. Explain to the representative that you want
to your call to be transfered to an IO.

Remember it is not talking to the represetantive's supervisior but transfer to an IO. It is different. The rep and theirs supervisior can not get into your case details more than you get from recorded meesages. But if teh call is transferred to an IO, the IO have more details.

I just called them three times and they all said they cannot transfer me to an IO. When I asked if there is a way I could talk to an IO, they said my case is still pending and I shouldn't talk to an IO.