Oath in Chicago

iglobal_llc

Registered Users (C)
Hi-

Read this at another site. Can anyone confirm if this is still the current practice? Also, where i do find the schedule of oath ceremonies in Chicago. Thanks.

"Oath Ceremonies at US CIS, Chicago Distrit Office
Published August 8, 2008

When I attended a client’s Naturalization Interview earlier this week, I observed a departure from what has typically been Chicago CIS office procedure. Applicants who were being approved for U.S. citizenship at their interview were being asked to stick around an extra half hour to receive printed notices, scheduling them to return to CIS, Chicago in a week for an oath ceremony. This is quite a speedy result. Usually when a Naturalization application is approved, an oath ceremony notice is mailed to the applicant a week or two later, scheduling an oath ceremony at federal court within a month or so."

In Chicago those who are approved and if they do not have name change, they are given OL by hand and usually IO discusses OD with applicant. For these applicants the OC ceremony is at USCIS office about a week later. For all the applicants with name change the OL is sent by post. The oath ceremony takes place at US District Court- North District Illinois. Their monthly schedule can be viewed at http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm