Oath Date Reschedule Experience

membercentric

Registered Users (C)
I need to urgently visit india and my oath date is coming in between.

Has anybody have any experience rescheduling the Oath Date. Will it delay the processing by several months or just by couple of weeks.

Also how do you reschedule the oath date?

membercentric said:

Has anybody have any experience rescheduling the Oath Date. Will it delay the processing by several months or just by couple of weeks.

THIS IS A BIG NO...

membercentric said:

From what I've read, you will need to withdraw your application if you want to reschedule your oath date. Unless you want to do that, I'll strongly suggest that you move your travel date and ATTEND your oath ceremony.

I am NOT a lawyer.

mandi said:
From what I've read, you will need to withdraw your application if you want to reschedule your oath date. Unless you want to do that, I'll strongly suggest that you move your travel date and ATTEND your oath ceremony.

I am NOT a lawyer.

WRONG

While it is certainly true that rescheduling your oath date may cause your case to drop into a black hole (i.e. several months of delays), there is most definitely no requirement to withdraw your application.

If you feel you absolutely must reschedule, you can do so by writing to your district office, enclosing your oath notice letter, and explaining why you need to change the date. That said, I strongly advise against rescheduling unless it truly is a life & death situation.

Just follow the instructions to reschedule the oath as mentioned on the oath notice receipt. You should be fine, it will delay your process, but its not the end of the world.
Goodluck!

membercentric said:

Follow boatbod and MissMolina's advice. They are correct.

If you have the time I would suggest to take an infopass appointment, talk to the officials about your situation and see if they can let yout ake the oath before you travel. Hopefully you have agenuine reason.

I believe they prepare the certificate only on the oath day. It is worth a try rather than waiting for another unknown period.