Oath Ceremony documentation

Imy

Registered Users (C)
I got the oath letter and one of the things it asks to bring is "any immigration documents I may have".

What does that mean? Are these the one during green card process or the one before that too like for F1 and H1 etc. The only ones I can see are I-131 and I-485, I may have and the fingerprinting letter.

Can someone post from experience what is asked before the oath ceremony?
Also if someone has taken the oath in San Jose (in Campbell) please share what to expect.
Thx.

The only things you need to take to an oath ceremony are:
(i) your N-445 oath appointment letter
(ii) your GC
(iii) your passport, only if you have traveled outside of US between interview and oath.
(iv) yourself

If you have a reentry permit or similar docs, you can take those too, but you won't be asked for anything beyond the items listed above.

Depending on location, you may also need state id/drivers license to gain entry to the building where the ceremony is held. (e.g. if held at local DO)

Thx, since I was outside the country after the interview I will take the passport too. I guess they right "any other immigration document" to cover themselves for complicated cases where they may decide they need to look at some old document at the last minute.

Imy said:
Thx, since I was outside the country after the interview I will take the passport too. I guess they right "any other immigration document" to cover themselves for complicated cases where they may decide they need to look at some old document at the last minute.

Exactly! Assuming you only made a short trip and were not employed overseas, you should have no trouble.

I traveled between the interview and the oath ceremony so I submitted the list of trips (3 trips) with departure and arrivale days, countries visited and days outside the country. The IO stapled it to the oath invitation letter (blue sheet of paper). No issues.