oath ceremony: concerns

mike0

I passed the citizenship interview and I have received the notice for an oath ceremony. I just found that my green card was lost. Should I reschedule the ceremony and apply for a replacement of green card or could I go to ceremony without green card?

Thanks!

If you check the oath notice, there is an option for those who have lost their green cards -- it says you can bring a sworn affidavit that your green card is lost. It would make more sense to go to the oath ceremony with that affidavit rather than reapply for a green card, which could take much longer, and would involve delaying your oath ceremony as well. My suggestion is to research exactly how to go about getting that affidavit.

I checked the oath notice I received (Form N-445). There is no such option for the lost green card. Did I receive a different oath notice as you did?

Thanks,

I got a form N0445 (Notification of Naturalization Oath Ceremony). It says:
"If you lost your Permanent Resident Card before the interview, Please bring your lost ARC Sworn Statement with Photo ID".

Hmm... I guess I didn't read it carefully enough the last time. This is about a card lost "before the interview." But you say you lost yours after the interview. So it may not apply after all. Just make an appointment with your local office using Infopass; I think they would be able to give you the best advice.

Yes, I lost my card after interview. Interesting, the notice I got is different from yours. My notice does not have any information for the lost green card. Do you know what ARC means?

Thanks,

My Friend went to his ceremony in New York on October 2005 without his green card. I was with him for the ceremony.....my friend was scared that he could be rejected because did not have the green card, he got his naturalization certificate in same day. :)

mike0 said:
I passed the citizenship interview and I have received the notice for an oath ceremony. I just found that my green card was lost. Should I reschedule the ceremony and apply for a replacement of green card or could I go to ceremony without green card?

Thanks!

Just go to the oath, tel them that your GC was lost and stolen and that's it. Don't postpone your oath.

but plz make sure u make a report with the local police and keep a copy of the police report....
i am assuming u would have done that long back...