Oath after 3 months

PUNITASIC

Registered Users (C)
My wife had her oath on June 20, three months after the interview. We had our interview on March 11 and I had my oath on May 16 although the officer told that the oath will be at the same time. So, we went to BCIS office where the interview was held (different from the regular BCIS office in Phoenix, AZ) on Jun 6 and handed a hand written status enquiry letter to the district officer and to our surprise, we got a call in 15 minuites with the news that she is being setup for oth on Jun 20 (???). Anyway, just wanted to share this experience with you waiting for the oath letter for more than 3 months. It may be worthwhile to check the status in person. Thanks

for Mariahoney

i'm reading your post since long time. Sorry for your delaying oath. I hope that you will get it soon.

My question is that

- did you try to contact local office /senator ? if so, what was response?

- what kind of you case was? 5 year resi. or 3 yrs with citizen spouce. also, had you requested for name change?

I'm also waiting for oath letter which interviewd held on last week of may 2003.

thanks

Can any one tell me where does the Oath cermony for Arlington, VA takes place. And also, does any one has an experience of going in person to check status of oath.. and any luck. Please let me know..thanks very much

hi iamnotdesi,

My case is very simple...... 5 yr (did apply after 4 yrs + 11 months),
no name change.

I contacted to my Congressman.

Every week I call my Cong. office & they have same answer "be patience".

I called BCIS (1800-375-5283), the lady was nice, she told me ,
" Who interviewed you , it depends on him/her in most of the cases"

Mariahoneyy

Sorry to hear that with you too simple case, they give you long waiting.

i heard that if you go personally at the local office where you nterviewed and do inquiry, which may help.

good luck