O-1 for film editor

mckarla

i currently work for American company in russia as film editor. they want to carry me for postproduction to LA. i try to explore possibilities for me.

i'm working for 7 years as editor, doing at the most popular tv shows and series. although i didn't get any award, programs i made did. i'm member of national sociaty of editors

now, i'm editing big budget movie which has big publicity in russia. my salary is above average. do you know any similar case who got O-1 visa? should i think about this category or look for something else?

all the best
thanx for help in advance

lax criteria

I think you have a good chance of getting an O1. You/your company needs to hire a good lawyer who can present your accomplishments in a forceful manner. I know medical schools (my area of work) hire Assistant Professors on O1 visa with barely any publications. The criteria for O1 are very lax, the presentation (by a lawyer) is all that counts.

how did it go?

Hi, my name is Ilan. I am a freelance documentary film editor in NYC.

I am in the process of obtaining an O-1 visa and I'm wondering what path did you end up choosing?

Did you consider applying for an EB-1 EA green card?

Any info from your experience will be extremely helpful.

My very best,

Ilan

O1 visa sponsor available

O1 visa sponsor available

If you need a sponsor for an O1 visa, Mastery Productions LLC might be able to sponsor you. The company has sponsored successful few artists recently and has a great rapport with the USCIS.
Thanks
Eyal Maoz
Mastery Productions LLC
info@masteryproductions.com